cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding another phone toy your Account?

MorganLynn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can you ad another phone to your account?

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk 

Lol Got it. 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

@benfatto 

Other services might be able to have aliases that you set up in the account. But the advantage of the gmail service is that it's a virtual on the fly alias. You don't have to set up anything beforehand. The couple other services I use don't offer that.

@LurganIeUk : Telus owns all this content. You agreed to that upon using the community. No copyright.

Loosen up and get a sense of humour!!!

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MorganLynn Just to summarize.

It's one phone line per account.
Sign in to each account is by email (aliases are permitted).
The same credit card can be used in up to 3 different accounts.

Public mobile does not have family plans or data sharing plans.
When signing up for subsequent accounts, don't forgot to use your referral code from an existing account. The new account will earn a one time $10 credit and the existing account will earn $1 every 30 days as long as the new account remains active.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@benfatto 

Other services might be able to have aliases that you set up in the account. But the advantage of the gmail service is that it's a virtual on the fly alias. You don't have to set up anything beforehand. The couple other services I use don't offer that.

@LurganIeUk : Telus owns all this content. You agreed to that upon using the community. No copyright.

@kb_mv wrote:

@MorganLynn To add to the separate email requirement;

Use email aliases to achieve what you want. yourname at gmail, yourname+son at gmail, yourname+daughter at gmail etc etc etc will all go to the first email address but will work for "different emails" here at PM. Welcome.

As has been noted by others, you can have the same card on file for more than one account. I would suggest however that you stagger the activation / renewals by a day so it doesn't trigger a fraud alert by submitting more than one payment request at a time.

Right. You can use same credit card. Same email if using aliases. BUT must be different accounts. You can see that the PM system is an adaptation of the Telus prepaid system that allows you to log into your accountS using one only email address and you then toggle which account that you want to work with. 

Here is a another way of looking at the use of an alias using GMAIL.

Public Mobile Gmail Alias 

If using gmail. You can use one only gmail address as per below.

An easy way to sort your email is to add categories after your username.

For example, messages sent to the following aliases used for different Public Mobile accounts will all go to janedoe@gmail.com:

Aliases 

janedoe+school@gmail.com

janedoe+notes@gmail.com

janedoe+important.emails@gmail.com

So far I have NOT been emailed from Public Mobile as account communication from them is all by text. Although just recently my wife was emailed a survey. 

Copyright 2020

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MorganLynn Even if you do not have gmail most services allow aliases. 

@kb_mv I didn't know that great advice! 👍

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can only have one phone# per sim and account with a separate email.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@MorganLynn To add to the separate email requirement;

Use email aliases to achieve what you want. yourname at gmail, yourname+son at gmail, yourname+daughter at gmail etc etc etc will all go to the first email address but will work for "different emails" here at PM. Welcome.

As has been noted by others, you can have the same card on file for more than one account. I would suggest however that you stagger the activation / renewals by a day so it doesn't trigger a fraud alert by submitting more than one payment request at a time.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@MorganLynn hi no you will need a separate email for each account 😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MorganLynn wrote:

Can you ad another phone to your account?

No.

You can pay for multiple accounts on one payment card though.

Need Help? Let's chat.