cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding an additional phone

Woomera
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A friend I signed up would like to give his old phone to his grandson with a new number. Can that be done within his account , or would he have to create and entirely new account for the second phone. If so , can the same email address be used for both accounts ?

Thankyou

6 REPLIES 6

New account goes on a new SIM Card and then the phones/SIM cards just get moved around to get the correct phone number on each phone.

AE_Collector

Woomera
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thought so ...just wanted to confirm.

Thankyou

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Woomera It's 1 sim card for 1 account with public mobile. you need to have a separate account with a different email,if you like  you can use the same credit card for the 2 accounts.

@Woomera  The grandson would have to have his own account activated with a new SIM card and using a new/different mail (one that has never been used on pm, koodo or pc mobility prepaid). The account can be managed by a family member if the grandson is under age however you may want to have him participate in choosing the new email and phone number so he can learn about the process and to teach him about financial responsibility and managing reoccurring bills for a life skill lesson.

Make sure to use the grandfather's referral code for his $1 monthly reward and the $10 referral credit for the grandsons account. Keep an eye on the announcements page for some possible love from pm in the form of a Valentine's promo this weekend. Calling ahead to a Wal-Mart to see if they offer a free SIM with activation or asking other retailers such as London drugs, the mobility shop and wow mobile if they will price match a free SIM is good option as well. If you are located in Vancouver the centrally located "go mobile repair" small business always offers a free SIM card with activation.

@Woomera wrote:

A friend I signed up would like to give his old phone to his grandson with a new number. Can that be done within his account , or would he have to create and entirely new account for the second phone. If so , can the same email address be used for both accounts ?

Thankyou

Was that old phone used at Public Mobile before?  If it hasn't, which model is it?  I'm asking because I'm wondering about compatibility.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

One account per sim. You would need a new sim, a new email address. You can use same credit card to pay on both accounts.

Don't forget to use referral code.

If he has Gmail. Look up Gmail aliases where you can use same email under an alias.

Need Help? Let's chat.