cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a second plan for my daughter under my account?

LarissaA
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello... I've been with Public Mobile for a couple of weeks and i'd like to add a second phone and plan under my account.  Is this possible?  If so, how can i do it?

Thanks so much

larissa 

12 REPLIES 12

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Theform2012 wrote:

This would be a very convenient feature, is there somewhere to vote on or request features?

@Theform2012 there used to be a place to vote, called the Public Lab; however, Public Mobile removed it to avoid giving people false hope for requests like this. If you're curious, the suggestions still exist, albeit in a locked state and hidden.  You can look them over here if you're curious: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/idb-p/Public_Lab/tab/most-recent

I get that it would be convenient, but it's not going to happen.  The model PM has chosen is 1-account-per-line and it would be a fundamental shift to how all their back-end system are set up in order to do what you're wanting.  At this no-frills provider, that's just not going to happen.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Theform2012

This would be a very convenient feature, is there somewhere to vote on or request features?

LarissaA

Thanks for the reply's... I did end up setting my daughter up on her own account.  It's just as easy I suppose.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LarissaA, unfortunately one phone number per account.  Might be easier this way anyways, in terms of being able to monitor your payments your usage.  People always tend to have difficulty understanding their invoices, once you start adding other users it only gets more complicated for them.  I never understood why, always seemed easy for me, but the headache that comes with this may not be worth it.  Plus when there are cellular issues, it;s easier to just have to deal with one line on one account.  When you have multiple numbers and tech support is trying to troubleshoot one of the number's I've seen many problem occur when all the other lines are effected, and now we have an even bigger problem.  Just giving my personal experiences when I used to work in the industry.  I actually preferred seeing monoline accounts.  So much easier to work with, adn less confusion for customers in my opinion.  Maybe the only real inconvenience for customers is the payments dates aren't aligned.

Jennkenn17

I just switched my husband over last week to PM  Then I used him as a referral to switch my son over, but on a separate account.  Credits were given to both accounts within hours.

So far no complaints with PM.

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@sulagok wrote:

@LarissaA wrote:

Hello... I've been with Public Mobile for a couple of weeks and i'd like to add a second phone and plan under my account.  Is this possible?  If so, how can i do it?

Thanks so much

larissa 

Hi there,

From what I've learnt in the community so far, unified account is not yet available. You will simply need to open another account for your daughter.

Also I am aware that several people are requesting for this including myself, it'll probably be available soon.

@sulagok, people have been asking about this for years.  Not sure where you got that it would be available soon but I wouldn't hold my breath.

My bad, I'm new too, may be I just like to keep my hopes up  Smiley Very Happy

Shutdown

You can't but at least you get $1 off a month/$25 x 2 for refering yourself if you do the setup online yourself.

That kind of setup will not happen.  They have lots of other things they havent done correctly yet.  Smiley Happy

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LarissaA  if you use gmail then you can create alias accounts   email@gmail.com and email+name@gmail.com both go to email@gmail.com

outlook.com i believe allows you to creat alias account through their setting section so that is another option.

Hola
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah no.

One account, one plan.

But!  There is a bright side!

You create a new account for your daughter and put your own phone number in as the referral.

Presto!  $1/month off your bill 🙂

@sulagok wrote:

@LarissaA wrote:

Thanks so much

larissa 

Hi there,

From what I've learnt in the community so far, unified account is not yet available. You will simply need to open another account for your daughter.

Also I am aware that several people are requesting for this including myself, it'll probably be available soon.

@sulagok, people have been asking about this for years.  Not sure where you got that it would be available soon but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

sulagok

@LarissaA wrote:

Thanks so much

larissa 

Hi there,

Need Help? Let's chat.