cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add new SIM to new phone

bubbles11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I have now recevied my mom's new SIM card  - tried messaging moderator - as urgent - can someone please help how I add her new SIM to the new phone - making sure her old SIM is tranferred with her contacts. 

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

bubbles11

Hello @NDesai - no worries - i did my search the 'change sim' is under the account's holder - you then new to go to 'plan and add-on' - then shows 'change sim' - working on it now - hope all goes well! 

thank you

bubbles11

Hello @NDesai can you please tell me where i am to see 'change sim' - i do not see this when i log into her account - only see activate sim - which would not be the same

thank you 

@Anonymous wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@bubbles11 To change the sim card, you can login to her account and click on Change Sim Card button found on the right. Contacts are not saved on the sim so you will have to back them up manually or to cloud services and import them on the new phone. 

Contacts can be saved on a SIM depending on the phone. But I had a distinct impression that that might be more than what the OP would be willing to participate in.

But from my first post...I should shut up. 🙂

Haven't seen anyone do that anymore. I guess phones now a days have a plenty of space to store tiny size worth of contacts 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NDesai wrote:

@bubbles11 To change the sim card, you can login to her account and click on Change Sim Card button found on the right. Contacts are not saved on the sim so you will have to back them up manually or to cloud services and import them on the new phone. 

Contacts can be saved on a SIM depending on the phone. But I had a distinct impression that that might be more than what the OP would be willing to participate in.

But from my first post...I should shut up. 🙂

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bubbles11 wrote:

Hello, 

I have now recevied my mom's new SIM card  - tried messaging moderator - as urgent - can someone please help how I add her new SIM to the new phone - making sure her old SIM is tranferred with her contacts. 

Thank you

Good grief.

This a self-serve concept here. It looks like you would be better off going to a store to get all of that done.

Need Help? Let's chat.