cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a time interval for posting new topic

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Given someone is spamming the forum, which masks lots of other people's discussion, I think the forum really need to add a function that allows people to post new topic only after certain wait time.

Say if you posted a topic, you are only allowed for a new topic after 5 minutes or so.

I can see people are abusing the forum which obstruct other people.

7 REPLIES 7

MJ23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Fortunately, this doesn’t happen too often. Most posters present productive comments/issues and forum users attempt to assist and present solutions. 

Cheers,

Mj23

MJ23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Fortunately, this doesn’t happen too often. Most posters present productive comments/issues and forum users attempt to assist and present solutions. 

Cheers,

MJ23

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hzmy wrote:

@kav2001c wrote:

Its not that frequent people spam in that way

I even think adding a time delay for responses would actually impact the board negatively as most posters are attempting to assist people here

Only for starting new topics. Not for replying. 

@hzmy problem is, you're better off starting a new topic if you need help rather than replying to older ones.  This type of policy isn't really effective for a brand that only offers community-based support.  I don't think it's a practical suggestion.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kav2001c wrote:

I even think adding a time delay for responses would actually impact the board negatively as most posters are attempting to assist people here

Only for starting new topics. Not for replying. 

temmyctt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

All I wish now is that someone can delete all his spamming posts.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Good idea but all these rules add to complications.  The thread crappers don't appear that often.  When this customer cools down, he will realize the error of his ways. 

Need Help? Let's chat.