cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-On

nissanzaman818
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have purchased an add-on (400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)) on July 6th, 2020. But now if i try to call outside of Canada, it is saying "Talk is not included in your current plan". Thanks in advance. I have submitted a ticket today. Any idea, why this is happening.

16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nissanzaman818 wrote:

Okay. But this was not mentioned while i was purchasing the add-on. Any heads up call during the transaction would have changed my mind. I would have gone for an another plan/add-on..  

It's actually mentioned twice on the add-on purchasing page. Albeit, sort of buried with other details.

There is no other international option here. You would have had to use a voip app or calling cards or another provider.

@nissanzaman818 well yeah, if you can't use it. then what's the point. I'm pretty sure they will refund you. I suggest just getting the funds put back in your account for a future renewal payment

nissanzaman818

Then what should i do then. Can i get refund? Thanks 

@nissanzaman818 I'm assuming the international add-on doesn't meet your needs because pm doesn't support the country you are trying to call

nissanzaman818

Yea, Sure.. I have purchased add-on before. Thanks

nissanzaman818

Thanks. It is showing in my plan, so i think it has been added to my plan successfully. I also have purchased add-on before and this time i followed the same procedure. 

nissanzaman818

Okay. But this was not mentioned while i was purchasing the add-on. Any heads up call during the transaction would have changed my mind. I would have gone for an another plan/add-on..  

nissanzaman818

Yea..But the point of purchasing is to call may mom during this pandemic situation as internet access is not always available :(. 

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you complete the two-step process of purchasing an add-on? And are you sure that the country you are trying to call is supported in the Long Distance add-on? Also, I recommend using a wifi app like WhatsApp or Messenger to call to eliminate these issues.

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This is good info on purchasing long distance minutes. I'll try and remember that when the time comes. Thanks everybody!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If the country you are trying to call is not listed then you could use Wi-Fi apps like WhatsApp, Textnow, Skype, or Fongo.

@nissanzaman818 if your country isn't there look into getting a calling card. Stay safe. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@nissanzaman818 Are you sure that you bought the addon? Is it showing in your account? It seems that you only add funds to your account. Now you need to select the addon and buy it using the available funds.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@nissanzaman818 , add-on purchase is a two step process.  Check if your account has a fund balance.  If it does, it is likely you did not complete step 2.  Please take a look at this illustrated guide on add-on purchase.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@nissanzaman818 wrote:

I have purchased an add-on (400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)) on July 6th, 2020. But now if i try to call outside of Canada, it is saying "Talk is not included in your current plan". Thanks in advance. I have submitted a ticket today. Any idea, why this is happening.

Log into My Account to see if the $$ are sitting in Available Funds. If so, now go back to actually buy the desired add-on you want.

Good luck.

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

What country are you trying to call, not many are included

Here is the list, if the add-on is useless for you you can contact moderates by asking Simon for human and ask them to take it back and give you credit (no promises as it's prepaid and you will need to have all 400 minutes unused)

International countries include: Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

Need Help? Let's chat.