cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active

Tylsonjackson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can public mobile active my plan for do walamrt rude and went do for me they said it 13.00 for sim card and ask public mobile to active it 

27 REPLIES 27

@Ioana_R wrote:

Hi @Tylsonjackson,

We'll be happy to help!
Just in case you weren't able to find a solution/answer within the community, feel free to create a ticket here and a moderator will be able to help you after investigating your account.

Hope this helps!

@Ioana_R  I'm sorry did you read this thread? This is from a teenage boy in the foster system trying to figure out how to activate on pm with the free SIM and free month deal but not realizing he has to pay for the first month and does not have access to funds. All he wants to do is be able to talk to his twin brother who obviously not in the same foster home. There is no account to investigate. Unless you are going to pass a hat around the office to come up with his first month to get him started on pm then there is nothing the moderator team can do. I would happily donate some of my rewards to get him started if we can get back in touch with him but that does not seem possible at this point in time.

Ioana_R
Customer Support Agent

Hi @Tylsonjackson,

We'll be happy to help!
Just in case you weren't able to find a solution/answer within the community, feel free to create a ticket here and a moderator will be able to help you after investigating your account.

Hope this helps!

@Tylsonjackson   The program @GinYVR  gave you a link for is unfortunately  for the age of majority in your province. 19 in bc and possibly 18 in other provinces. Can you tell us which province you live in? We could possibly find you a program to help you out. Alternatively  do you not get a small allowance from your guardians? Try talking to someone you trust. Your social worker, the guidance counselor at school, an elder in your community, your doctor or nurse or the social worker at your health centre. These are all people who can help you talk to the right person or direct you to a program that can help you. You also have rights and having access to a little bit of money is one of them but it depends where you live. Can you get a job to earn a little money? Mowing lawns, shovelling snow, running errands or helping a senior around the house even collecting empties for refund. The most you would have to raise is $15 +tax for a monthly service. When ever you can check in with the community tell us a little more info and any progress you've made and we can how else we can help you reach your goal. I have a friend who is a great foster parent and all her teenage kids get an allowance. I'll talk to her and you get back to us.

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

How about 2 iPhone 4Ss (or above) and Wi-Fi and FaceTime audio. 

Tylsonjackson

I live way to far to walk any to any library

@TylsonjacksonAny Canadian libraries will have wifi 24/7 even though they are not open, you can access it from the outside even when they are closed.

The number you setup using the VoIP services will be active on the free tier, so you won't loose your number if you don't have the money to pay every 30 days like Public Mobile.

If you want cellular service without much money to start, services like 7-11 Speakout and Petro Canada's pay as you go service would have a lower barrier of entry.

Tylsonjackson

Don't have wifi that why I wnat pm

@TylsonjacksonI would recommend you use other services like skype, google hangout or textnow, they allow you communicate voice over wifi.

Tylsonjackson

I dojt have money or parents I like in foster care and they don't help me I just wnat to talk to my twin brother but I guess I can't 

@Tylsonjackson 

This weekend flash promotion is getting 2nd month for free.  You always have to pay for the first month plan fee first.  Once you activate, then you will get 2nd month credit into your account within 72 hours.  

@TylsonjacksonYes the free month happens AFTER you prepaid for a plan that is at least $25.. then you will receive credit for the plan you had paid for.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-Get-your-next-30-days-of-ser...

Tylsonjackson

Moderator said I have to pay for the plan is wnat it for free

@Tylsonjackson wrote:

I can't I am not 18 

Then you need one of your parents or a guardian to help.

@TylsonjacksonThere is no at age requirement with Public Mobile (at least in the Terms of Service). Even if someone here do it for you. You would still need to give out the code for the $40 plan as it is prepaid.

@Tylsonjackson   Please use the 3 dots top right of your post and remove your SIM # and referral code.  Use the link from earlier to activate.  We are customers like yourself here and cannot do the activation process for you.

You can scroll up to the top this screen and click on 'Get Started' too.

Tylsonjackson

I can't I am not 18 

@TylsonjacksonDo not post the SIM information on this public forum as it can be used to SIM jack your phone. You have to activate the phone by yourself via activate.publicmobile.ca

Click on that and enter your information.. ideally on a desktop computer.

Public Mobile is cheap because everything one has to DIY. If you require a bit more hand holding I would suggest you upgrade to Koodo or Telus.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

If you already purchased it could you please take picture of your recept and send it tu moderators

And explained what happened, i suspect that they will give you acount balance credit as you definitely qualify for the deal

Tylsonjackson

Can u active my sim card for me and refer this m

And do the 40 plan with bonusdata for 40

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That seems to be rude of walmart.

You can find the store here https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/store-locator and add a personal review of the store.

Did you already buy it?

You should complain to moderators, you are suppressed to get it for free and to have first month free

If you didn't buy it i suggest to go to different Wal-Mart

Dont forget to use referral it will give you extra reward

Where are you located? Do you have more stores close to you?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Tylsonjackson wrote:

Can public mobile active my plan for do walamrt rude and went do for me they said it 13.00 for sim card and ask public mobile to active it 

If you are unable to get a refund, as suggested by @GinYVR , and take advantage of the free SIM offer, then click this link to start activation: https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

Also remember that there is a flash sale promotion, details here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-Get-your-next-30-days-of-ser...

Tylsonjackson

Walamrt said no refund 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@TylsonjacksonDo you have the SIM card on hand? You can activate at activate.publicmobile.ca

However since there is a deal going on, the SIM card is supposed for free if you activate instore. If you want to save money you might want to get a refund on the SIM card https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-a-SIM-for-0-when-you-activate-in-st...

Also if you go to Reddit you can get a referral code so you get one time $10 off.

Tylsonjackson

I should have to top up it free offer with walamrt and wow 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Tylsonjackson do you have the Sim card? You can go to public mobile and click on activate 

Need Help? Let's chat.