cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active SIM card problem...

Ethanpublic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all, 

I actived Public mobile SIM card with the old number from Bell, I can call out and use data from Public mobile but coming call directly to voicemail and can not receive messages ( I do not know why Bell Sim still works and Bell said because the Public mobile not received all service yet, should call Public mobile ) the problem I do not know how to contact Public Mobile, please help me out, thanks... 

8 REPLIES 8

Ethanpublic

Thanks...

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ethanpublic 

If you replied to the Bell text confirming you are porting over to PM. You will need to power off your phone and remove the Bell SIM and install the PM SIM then power on the phone.

It may take up to a couple hours for it to switch your phone to PM.

@Ethanpublic 

As stated it can take up to 2 hours to complete but because its getting late and the telus porting department closes soon call the phone number supplied by @Spudster now with your Bell account  # ready. If they cannot help you and refer it back to being a pm account problem then contact the pm moderators by clicking on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen and type in

Edit: Second edit: Since editing my own message resulted in it not being found! Geez I hate retyping info all over again.....so oops I hit post by accident....so let me finish my message yet again.

....type in "port incomplete" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket. Keep an eye on your private message box for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times. If you stay online one of the late night moderators may respond to your ticket outside of normal moderator business hours to get your port completed properly and all of your pm services up and running.

After you reply a YES to BELL, it should be within 30 to 60 mins and you should get incoming call and test working (although on a busy day it can still take 2 hours or so) .

Remember, keep rebooting your phone every 15 mins to see if it is completed.

Welcome To PM.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ethanpublic wrote:

hi there, 

yes, I got the message from Bell after 2 munites active and text “ Yes “ then I call Bell and they said it done with Bell and Bell told me call Public Mobile about the problem I told...

Perfect, you're mostly there then.

Now, it's mostly a matter of time.

Try removing the Public Mobile SIM card, wait a few minutes, then reinsert it.  It really should work within an hour or so.   How long as it been since you responded "Yes" to the port authorization text?

EDIT:  @Ethanpublic , If it's been more than 90 minutes, call the number I will Private Message you.  Check the message by clicking on your envelope icon in upper right corner.

Ethanpublic

hi there, 

yes, I got the message from Bell after 2 munites active and text “ Yes “ then I call Bell and they said it done with Bell and Bell told me call Public Mobile about the problem I told...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Ethanpublic wrote:

Hi all, 

I actived Public mobile SIM card with the old number from Bell, I can call out and use data from Public mobile but coming call directly to voicemail and can not receive messages ( I do not know why Bell Sim still works and Bell said because the Public mobile not received all service yet, should call Public mobile ) the problem I do not know how to contact Public Mobile, please help me out, thanks... 

@Ethanpublic - how long ago did you activate the Public Mobile SIM card?

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services until the port is complete.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot (try this every 10 minutes or so, until full services are happening)

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ethanpublic 

Did you respond yes to the text from Bell to enable the port from your number to occur to public mobile?  

You can click  here  if it's been more than 90 minutes since you activated,  to ask that the port be reinitiated.

This article below explains the various porting related circumstances/procedures:

Port Fraud Protection (publicmobile.ca)

Need Help? Let's chat.