cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activations

Theo19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Trying to activate a new sim and have been sitting looking at a " Please wait while your activation is being processed " for more than 30 minutes 

18 REPLIES 18

@jordan23back you can contact customer support here

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

jordan23back
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I input a wrong imei number while transferring the number from Bell to public. Could you help to fix the ticket I created today.

Theo19

Resubmitted the entire application and finished it within minutes 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Theo19 wrote:

Well as my son touched my tablet and refreshed my screen while I was out of the room I can confirm your theory doesn't work.  Now I got a 404 code and can't get back to the public site.  And still nothing from Public on what is happening 

@Theo19   Clear your cache/cookies and use a different browser with incognito/private mode enabled before retrying.  Too many attempts can lock you out and you may need to wait another hour before retrying.

Theo19

Well as my son touched my tablet and refreshed my screen while I was out of the room I can confirm your theory doesn't work.  Now I got a 404 code and can't get back to the public site.  And still nothing from Public on what is happening 

@Theo19 if your card hasn't been charged then just refresh the browser

Theo19

Attempting contact with moderators, still no change to anything. Sim card still doesn't work, page is still locked on process message, and card hasn't been charged 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

@Theo19 If the problem persists click on the? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator they can help you with your issue check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours

@Theo19 look up the thread @Naepalm posted a link

Theo19

No pop up blockers and how do I contact a moderator, Simon wont connect a moderator to our conversation 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
  1. As a new customer, we recommend porting a number at activation with the exception of Koodo Prepaid customers. 
    • We have made some system enhancements to improve the success rate of this activity. So long as the correct information is entered, this process should be seamless
  2. All other customers: To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

@Theo19 ports from another cell phone provider can take up to 3 hours to complete.  But you should be able to make calls and send texts using the PM SIM. Insert it and try it. Also try logging into your self service account. To receive calls and texts reinsert your old providers SIM.  Once they stop your port is complete and the old providers account is closed.  Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

@Theo19 

@Theo19 wrote:

Haven't tried the sim yet, was porting a number in on the activation and got as far as the payment screen and the activate button at the bottom.  Hit activate and it's been sitting in limbo with the wait for processing message blocking the screen 

@Theo19 hello as suggested try sim in phone and check if your credit card was charged good luck

@Theo19 

If it won't move from that screen I would contact the moderators and explain that you are trying to port a number and it is stuck on that screen. You don't happen to have an add blocker up?

contact them here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Theo19

Haven't tried the sim yet, was porting a number in on the activation and got as far as the payment screen and the activate button at the bottom.  Hit activate and it's been sitting in limbo with the wait for processing message blocking the screen 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Theo19 

It can be quite slow. But that seems like a long time. Have you received a text message with your PIN number yet from Public mobile? I am assuming the SIM card is now in your phone?

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Theo19 hi if you are past the payment step insert sim in phone to see if you have service also check if your cc was charged

Need Help? Let's chat.