cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation

bellbaby
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my new account yesterday morning and ported my number from another carrier.  Since then I have had no phone service.  What do I need to do?

10 REPLIES 10

bellbaby

Thanks

@bellbaby Normally when the port is complete, your old account gets closed automatically. If it is already closed then something has gone wrong. Contact the moderators by clicking the question mark bottom right to open a ticket, or message them directly here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

bellbaby

Thanks!

bellbaby

I can't make outgoing calls or receive calls.  My previous provider has received the port request and canceled my service.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@bellbaby wrote:

I activated my new account yesterday morning and ported my number from another carrier.  Since then I have had no phone service.  What do I need to do?

Hello @bellbaby ,

Try one or more of the below:

*rebooting your phone

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

If still nothing try your SIM in another phone. If same result, contact the moderators to check your account.

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

fyi * Incoming calls are usually the last to port over, in this case use the previous cell phone provide SIM until it stops working. Then the port is complete

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services until the port is complete.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If you have absolutely no service you should unlock your phone.

Can you test your public mobile sim in a different phone that works with telus?

If it's just incoming issues but you switched from a cell provider you should contact moderators https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

If you switched from VoIP or landline you should keep using the old service until it stops working. You should still be able to use your data and dial out though

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@bellbaby if you ported from a voip or landline it can take up to 7 days. If from a cell provider then your port is probably stuck, but since you have no service at all. It's probably your SIM not provisioned correctly. Contact the moderators and ask them to fix it for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@bellbaby If you are porting a landline or VOIP number it can take up to 7 days to complete. If it is just a cell number you are porting in it should be done by now. Contact the moderators by clicking the question mark bottom right and enter stuck port or message them directly here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Not it can take up to 48 hrs for a reply though they are typically faster than that. Welcome to PM.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@bellbaby It's more than porting problem. Outgoing should work right away. No service at old carrier and new?  Click the question mark chat symbol to open a ticket.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bellbaby- When you say no phone service, does that mean you can;t make outgoing calls either?  Does outbound texting work?  Did you sign up for data?  Does that work?  Normally, when you port a number during activation, you can make outbound calls right away.  But inbound calls continue to go to previous provider, until port is complete.  Was you account active at previous provider?  Any errors during activation?

Need Help? Let's chat.