cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation

fireneg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I bought a sim card yesterday morning and had my phone # transfer from the last provider I had but I still cant receive call today, when I try I ear that it goes directly to voicemail phone never rings. Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

fireneg

Hi, I put both sim card in, Lucky and Public, and it started to work, took Lucky sim card out and now its working.  Thanks to all

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@fireneg wrote:

I was with Lucky mobile, I cant open an account with PM when I try it says that its gonna send me a 6 digit code via text, but I cant receive text.

Send a private message to moderator to help with the port and create your self-serve account.

Moderator wait time is up to 2 - 3 days.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

GR
Mayor / Maire

@fireneg  your port is stuck.  Message the moderator_team and and ask for help. Try your old Sim to see if it still works and if so you'll be able to get the 6 digit code 

fireneg

I was with Lucky mobile, I cant open an account with PM when I try it says that its gonna send me a 6 digit code via text, but I cant receive text.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@fireneg wrote:

Hi, I bought a sim card yesterday morning and had my phone # transfer from the last provider I had but I still cant receive call today, when I try I ear that it goes directly to voicemail phone never rings. Thanks

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should send a private message to moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.

Porting a landline or VoIP number to PM will take up to 1 week.

Porting a mobile number will take about couple hours.

If you were poring a mobile number, your port may be stuck.  Send a private message to moderator for help.  Moderator wait time is about 2 - 3 days.

While you are waiting, if you old SIM card is still working, use it until it stop working which indicates that your port is completed.  Start use your PM SIM card.

GR
Mayor / Maire

Your gonna have to private message the moderator_team, it sounds like your port is stuck.  You might be able to keep using your old Sim card until the port is completed!   Which provider were u porting from? 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@fireneg , was your previous provider a wireless carrier?  Ports from land lines, VOIP take a lot longer.  If wireless provider, then it is very likely the port failed.  You can confirm this by testing out the old service which should continue to be active given a failed port.  The moderator team is required to resubmit the port.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.