cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Activation with ding.com

I am a bit confused. I had better go and buy from the store!

Re: Activation with ding.com

 


@mhdamrollahi wrote:

I am a bit confused. I had better go and buy from the store!


I would encourage you to purchase online, for simply one reason. When there's an online option available, stores should currently be avoided whenever possible in many places due to health concerns, unless you already had to be at that store anyway. I know ding.com might charge slightly more than a retail store, but if that's your preference, I don't see any reason not to purchase from them other than the slightly increased price. You don't need to enter a phone number to purchase from these websites. These companies will e-mail you the voucher number. These voucher numbers work exactly the same as if you were to purcahse the voucher from a store, other than you dont receive the code printed on a piece of paper.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Activation with ding.com

 @mhdamrollahi : So with input from one of the Oracles (computergeek541) I had to go look deeper into ding.com. I see now that they send a PIN to whatever number, presumably like a text, and then one enters that PIN into the account like a voucher.

It had been my previous conclusion that the number entered was for Instant Top-up.

While I wouldn't really like to involve another number for purchasing this for activation purposes...I guess it is indeed a voucher. I much prefer recharge.com sending an email.

Re: Activation with ding.com


@z10user4 wrote:

 @mhdamrollahi : So with input from one of the Oracles (computergeek541) I had to go look deeper into ding.com. I see now that they send a PIN to whatever number, presumably like a text, and then one enters that PIN into the account like a voucher.

It had been my previous conclusion that the number entered was for Instant Top-up.

While I wouldn't really like to involve another number for purchasing this for activation purposes...I guess it is indeed a voucher. I much prefer recharge.com sending an email.


I vaguely recall recharge.com having an option for it to be sent to your phone number, but entering a phone number was optional. They can't possibly apply it to your cell phone account, which can't be done if the Public Mobile account hasn't been opened yet, or if you don't provide them with the phone number. 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Activation with ding.com

But there is no fee with ding.com, you pay 30$ and receive 30$. but this is not true about recharge !

Mayor / Maire

Re: Activation with ding.com


@mhdamrollahi wrote:

But there is no fee with ding.com, you pay 30$ and receive 30$. but this is not true about recharge !


Interesting. I've used recharge before and it came out to be just marginally more than buying in store. It would be more in comparison to buying in store in AB.

Are you sure there's no other little dollars here and there from ding? I've never bought from them.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Activation with ding.com

@mhdamrollahi 

I'm just curious why you are buying a voucher in the first place if your friend has already agreed to let you charge your first payment to the card. Just activate your sim card. Pay with the credit card and don't sign up for autopay. The credit card info is not kept on file unless you agree to it.  Then apply for a koho card. It takes about 5 business days to be mailed to you and you can then add it for autopay.

 

If you have read up on activations.....clear browser, incognito mode, use firefox or chrome.....

 Just match the credit card address exactly to its billing, dont use the apt/unit box, no space in the postal code and use ALL CAPS!

View solution in original post

Mayor / Maire

Re: Activation with ding.com


@z10user4 wrote:

@mhdamrollahi wrote:

But there is no fee with ding.com, you pay 30$ and receive 30$. but this is not true about recharge !


Interesting. I've used recharge before and it came out to be just marginally more than buying in store. It would be more in comparison to buying in store in AB.

Are you sure there's no other little dollars here and there from ding? I've never bought from them.


Perdy shur there's a processing fee ...at the least.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Activation with ding.com

My friend just want to make sure nothing about his credit card will be saved on my account! Is that OK?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Activation with ding.com

I think at this point it's whatever feels best for you and your friend.

 

If your friend wants to use their card to buy you a ding voucher and you pay them the cash... then let that be the way.

 

If they feel good about what @darlicious said about "The credit card info is not kept on file unless you agree to it." if you don't sign up for autopay, that would work to.

 

Whatever feels best for you and your friend... and enjoy your new PM service! 😎

Need Help? Let's chat.