cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Activation with ding.com

Hi,

I need to activate my new SIM card, but I do not have credit card.

May I use ding.com to purchase a e-voucher (Payment PIN) with my friend credit card to activate my SIM?

mhdamrollahi_1-1610473218214.png

mhdamrollahi_0-1610473118827.png

Accepted Solutions
Mayor / Maire

Re: Activation with ding.com

@mhdamrollahi 

I'm just curious why you are buying a voucher in the first place if your friend has already agreed to let you charge your first payment to the card. Just activate your sim card. Pay with the credit card and don't sign up for autopay. The credit card info is not kept on file unless you agree to it.  Then apply for a koho card. It takes about 5 business days to be mailed to you and you can then add it for autopay.

If you have read up on activations.....clear browser, incognito mode, use firefox or chrome.....

Just match the credit card address exactly to its billing, dont use the apt/unit box, no space in the postal code and use ALL CAPS!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Mayor / Maire
Mayor / Maire

You definitely can but you will not get autopay rewards.

If your friend trusts you you could just use their credit card and give them cash. If they collect points they benefit and you get extra$2 off each bill plus extra data.

You can also use since prepaid cards as well as debit visa.

Koho is free and it's pubicmmobile partner so they will give you 2.5% cashback and have absolutely no fees. 

Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Triguy wrote:

Yes

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/voucher-payment-options

@mhdamrollahi note that this help article linked by @Triguy mentions recharge.com, which has been mentioned in the community and seems to work well for people.  I'm not personally familiar with ding.com.  It may work, but I cannot say either way.  Did you try searching the community here for that URL?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

So, this is for the first time to activate my SIM, then I will be able to apply for credit card.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mhdamrollahi wrote:

Hi,

I need to activate my new SIM card, but I do not have credit card.

May I use ding.com to purchase a e-voucher (Payment PIN) with my friend credit card to activate my SIM?

mhdamrollahi_1-1610473218214.png

mhdamrollahi_0-1610473118827.png

Hi @mhdamrollahi as already answered by posters above, yes you use an e-voucher purchased through your friend's credit card.  What a friend!  He/she is a keeper!  Please do not jeopardize that friendship.  

Instead, may I suggest that you purchase a prepaid Visa/Mastercard credit card so you can register for autopayment which will get you $2 credit every 30 days.  Just make sure you upload a voucher to top up your account.  You can purchase a Public Mobile voucher from most gas stations, Walmart, London Drug Mart, or your local convenience stores.

Check out samples of vouchers from @darlicious Voucher Catalogue

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/td-p/479165....

I hope this helps.  Stay safe and Happy New Year.

RosieR

Thanks,

Also I will pay him in cash. The problem is just not having a credit card.

I need to activate my new SIM card, then I can use my own credit card.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mhdamrollahi Buying from ding.com ia the same as buying from store.

which phone number should I enter in ding.com? My friends phone number? because I do not have any number yet.

Mayor / Maire

Indeed. ding.com doesn't do vouchers. Recharge.com or canadiancellsupplies.com or many stores.

Need Help? Let's chat.