cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Re: Activation with ding.com

@mhdamrollahi 

I have recently done an activation like this and tested it out. My card info was not saved on the account. I then went into the newly created account and added a kelloggs visa gift card ( it has a balance of $0.27) for the autopay reward. Once you add a card to the account the only info accessible  are the last 4 digits of the card nothing else is visible (Just an FYI.) Once you activate and recieve you 6 digit code for your self serve account set up you can show your friend that there is no card on the account for reassurance.

Tags (1)
z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@mhdamrollahi 

I have recently done an activation like this and tested it out. My card info was not saved on the account. I then went into the newly created account and added a kelloggs visa gift card ( it has a balance of $0.27) for the autopay reward. Once you add a card to the account the only info accessible  are the last 4 digits of the card nothing else is visible (Just an FYI.) Once you activate and recieve you 6 digit code for your self serve account set up you can show your friend that there is no card on the account for reassurance.

You can set up these gift cards with zero balance even. You can also spend them out by doing a multi-payment purchase in stores. You tell them the balance you have on the card, swipe it and then the rest however else.

Interesting with the activation payment method. I would have claimed that the card would be there even though autopay might not be toggled on. So good to know from your experience.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 

The only issue that came out of it was despite adding an autopay card immediately afterwards and the reward being added  it only shows $2 not $4. The mods are too busy to ask right now. I have 3 accounts that have minor reward issues but I dont want to tie up support on a minor issue....my message to the mods for another member is still unread at 71.5 hours.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious : Well...the initial $2 should only be for those that check the box at activation. It doesn't seem right asking for that afterwards.

Are you sure the read status changes with mod messages? I don't think I've seen them change. Or I'm not recalling...again.

mhdamrollahi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ya, that is OK. I did the same and there is no information of my friends card saved on my account.

Thanks all.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 

Is that correct? The autopay reward is given for the month for which you prepay for....why wouldnt you get it for that month if you sign up for it 5 minutes later? I got the feeling I had experienced a glitch because it did not show i had signed up for it for my friend until the next day. I had to go back in and double check....once i accessed  the autopay section again ( but made no changes) it then showed up on the overview page although the $2 reward showed up immediately.

You are right the mods don't show when they read messages..... still 74 hours and counting....

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@z10user4 

Is that correct? The autopay reward is given for the month for which you prepay for....why wouldnt you get it for that month if you sign up for it 5 minutes later?

Cuz it ain't right. The deal is at activation. I don't think it's reasonable to ask for it after. It just smacks of entitlement.

But hey...they will do referrals after the fact so what do I know.

@darlicious wrote:

@z10user4 

The only issue that came out of it was despite adding an autopay card immediately afterwards and the reward being added  it only shows $2 not $4. The mods are too busy to ask right now. I have 3 accounts that have minor reward issues but I dont want to tie up support on a minor issue....my message to the mods for another member is still unread at 71.5 hours.

Private messages to moderators usually will show us as unread in your private message outbox.  This is not an indication that the message has not been looked at. Either way, since SIMon tickets receive a higher priority, using private messages is sabotaging your chances of a slightly quicker response.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

I've never noticed a difference but slightly faster at the current wait time could be a day faster so yes you could sabotage oneself. But what is this caused by? Shortened working hours, less staff, increased tickets submitted? Its adding up to = less customers due to no service!

What about my autopay quandrary? Am I incorrect?

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

I've never noticed a difference but slightly faster at the current wait time could be a day faster so yes you could sabotage oneself. But what is this caused by? Shortened working hours, less staff, increased tickets submitted? Its adding up to = less customers due to no service!

What about my autopay quandrary? Am I incorrect?

I'm not trying to say that increased wait times isn't an issue. It certainly is, but any amount of delay that could be added to the wait time because of any prioritization of tickets that's going on (private message vs. SIMon) can add up quickly if there's a backlog of tickets.  Only Public Mobile could provide an answer about if there's something going on causing these ticket delays.

Need Help? Let's chat.