cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation with a new sim card

kdharrington
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a sim card and tried to activate the phone but the sim card was faulty. Now that I have an account, how do I activate a second sim card?

6 REPLIES 6

@kdharrington wrote:

I partially set up my account but my sim card didn't work so I had to log out. Now my email is not accepted except when I try to register and then they say that that email is in use. As a result, I have an account that I can't access and a phone that can't verify the 6 digit verification number

@kdharrington    You'll need to submit a ticket to moderators to get it all sorted out, use this link: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type in your issue, select contact us/moderators, then submit ticket when these options appear and follow the rest of the prompts to finish.

kdharrington
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I partially set up my account but my sim card didn't work so I had to log out. Now my email is not accepted except when I try to register and then they say that that email is in use. As a result, I have an account that I can't access and a phone that can't verify the 6 digit verification number

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kdharrington wrote:

I purchased a sim card and tried to activate the phone but the sim card was faulty. Now that I have an account, how do I activate a second sim card?

@kdharrington  It's very hard for a sim card to go bad. Most of the time the problem is the device (locked, blacklisted or not compatible). Did you try the sim in another device? 

Another reason might be that your account wasn't provisioned properly and needs to be reset by the Public Mobile Moderator Team.

If you know that the issue is the card then access you selfserve account as others have already mentioned and select the change SIM card option. Enter the new SIM card number and restart your phone. Please note that once you change the sim number the old sim card cannot be used anymore.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi

Are you sure that your sim is faulty

You should test it on a phone that is confirmed working with Telus/Koodo.

Do you have access to such phone.

If you do find your sim is truly faulty you can login to your selfserve, click on plans and add-ons then change sim card

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@kdharrington Do you mean to change SIM card to new one? If yes, login to your self-serve account and click on the Change Sim Card Number located under profile info. 

Steps are shown here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/lost-or-stolen-phone

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@kdharrington wrote:

Are you sure?

a) Reboot your phone with the SIM installed. What message is displayed?

b) Try the SIM in different unlocked phone?

c) Make/model of your phone?

d) Login to your account and confirm status is "ACTIVE".

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.