cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation unsuccessful

sgirvan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Having an issue trying to port old cell number into Public Mobile.  Everything seems to work, but I can not receive incoming calls. I can call out, send and receive texts, just can not receive calls.  I started the new account/SIM activation at noon (PST) today (Oct 22).  I have been able to log into my Public Mobile account and see that my Account Status is "Active".  Need some help to figure why I cannot receive calls.

Thanks Scott

14 REPLIES 14

@sgirvan wrote:

will send pin in private msg

@sgirvan For furture reference, I would use the following link to open a ticket:  https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Not only is it more secure because you're less likely to send your private information to the wrong place, but you'll also receive a faster reponse..  You also won't need any of the PIN , birthday, address, etc.

You would then click on that link that I provided.  Type in "open ticket", click "contact us", and then click on the ticket option.  Your identity can be verified using your self serve account credentials.

@sgirvan wrote:

I called the telus number and chatted about porting my celll number.  They said port from 7 11 can take longer than normal.  About 15 minutes after I got of the phone (old fashioned land line) the port was completed.  Got a text from Public mobile that the transfere request has been completed.  All Good.  Thanks for all the help and info.

@sgirvan  Woohoo that is awesome. Now we can officially welcome you to public mobile! Come back anytime were always here to help.

sgirvan

I called the telus number and chatted about porting my celll number.  They said port from 7 11 can take longer than normal.  About 15 minutes after I got of the phone (old fashioned land line) the port was completed.  Got a text from Public mobile that the transfere request has been completed.  All Good.  Thanks for all the help and info.

@sgirvan wrote:

thanks for the info.  have removed my pin 

Whew...good job. Do not put any personal or sensitive info about your account on the community because it is public and easily accessed. Unfortunately the less than savoury types could use it to commit fraudulent acts and no one at the community wants that to happen to anybody. So reply to the moderators via private message only when providing any info requested from you. Once they sort out your porting issue please feel free to come back and mark solved to the the member who gave you the best suggestion to resolve your issue. And stay awhile...feel free to ask questions about public mobile, your account or anything you like. You can read the help and knowledge articles, research stuff in the search bar, read and respond to posts or bravo them if you like them or learn something new. All this will help you learn how to manage your account and phone. You can avoid common new user mistakes, learn troubleshooting methods and your time and participation on the community might earn you a reward as well. Welcome to public mobile and the community....were always happy to help!

sgirvan

thanks for the info.  have removed my pin 

@sgirvan  Yes edit edit edit. 3 dots top right of screen.

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello @dabr

Lucian here from Public . I can help you with this but in order for me to do so, may I need to know your Public account PIN Number?
 If you do not have the PIN, please provide me the following information matching up your account :

-Phone number
 -Date of Birth
 -Full address with Postal Code
 -Last top-up amount and the date
 -Email address
 -Last 4 digits of Credit Card on file

Regards,

Lucian PM Mod

@CS_Agent  Wowsers you guys are on top of it! The community hardly has a chance to help out! Great job everyone! Looks like we're due for a flash sale to keep everyone busy and mess up the response times again.

@sgirvan   Please send a private message to moderators and edit out your PIN as this is a public forum.

BTW use this link to send a private message to moderators and supply the info requested. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@sgirvan Send this info via private message not on this forum eh?

Best not to post your personal info like your email address and phone or account numbers. It won't help on this forum and it makes it discoverable and available to the general public.

To remove your personal information, find your original post.
Click on the three dots in the top right corner and choose "Edit Reply." From there just delete the information or use X's or # signs to show where it would have been.

sgirvan

will send pin in private msg

@CS_Agent   Thank you but I believe your message should be directed to @sgirvan 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello @dabr

Lucian here from Public . I can help you with this but in order for me to do so, may I need to know your Public account PIN Number?
 If you do not have the PIN, please provide me the following information matching up your account :

-Phone number
 -Date of Birth
 -Full address with Postal Code
 -Last top-up amount and the date
 -Email address
 -Last 4 digits of Credit Card on file

Regards,

Lucian PM Mod

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You can reach moderators by clicking on the question mark or here

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@sgirvan wrote:

Having an issue trying to port old cell number into Public Mobile.  Everything seems to work, but I can not receive incoming calls. I can call out, send and receive texts, just can not receive calls.  I started the new account/SIM activation at noon (PST) today (Oct 22).  I have been able to log into my Public Mobile account and see that my Account Status is "Active".  Need some help to figure why I cannot receive calls.

Thanks Scott

Have you tried rebooting your phone? 

Porting can take a few hours although it's supposed to complete in 2 to 3 hours.

Need Help? Let's chat.