cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation time

reddysar7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All ,

I have activated new SIM and transferred my number from Virgin mobile.

Can any one please let me know how long will it take to activate my Public number.

8 REPLIES 8

reddysar7

Thank you for your help 

reddysar7

Thank you 

devraj5698

I was with Rogers and it took roughly 4 hours to port my number and my account was activated in less than 5 mins!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@reddysar7 

PM setup you Virgin number right away for you to call out, send text and data as soon as you requested porting your number to PM.(Step 1)

Porting a mobile number will take about couple of hours to couple days depending how quickly Virgin release your number to PM (Step 2).

FYI

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] page?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is from couple of hours to couple of days.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release your number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider. You can continue to use the old provider SIM card until it stops working which is the indication that your number was released to PM.

reddysar7

Thank you for your response

reddysar7

Thank you for your response its helpful

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@reddysar7 wrote:

Hi All ,

I have activated new SIM and transferred my number from Virgin mobile.

Can any one please let me know how long will it take to activate my Public number.

@reddysar7 A port shouldn't take more than a few hours. Keep using your Virgin sim (needed to authorize the port under a new program), once it stops working, the port is complete and you can use your PM sim for everything. Welcome to PM.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@reddysar7 there is a new port protection for telecoms to combat sim jacking. try installing either sim card to see if you get the text to allow the port to continue

Need Help? Let's chat.