cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation stuck on "Plans"

Scotty2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi - I'm activating a new SIM card online and the screen that says "Activating your SIM card" has been stuck on step 3 "Plans" for over 10 mins now.  How long does this normally take?  If I cancel and start over will that mess anything up?  I'm porting a number from another Provider as well.

24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scotty2 : No it shouldn't. But technology happens. When doing these kinds of things on really any site that has multiple forms and data entry, it's advisable to start from a clean browser and even using incognito/privacy mode. Most sites will say that they work best on such and such a browser. Use that.

@Scotty2 

No it shouldn't.....but do you mind waiting?

Scotty2

Tired of dealing this today to be honest lol.  It really shouldn't be this hard.  I appreciate all your help

@Scotty2 

Uh oh....that might be an issue. Is he sending it by overnight courier? It's been averaging three weeks for pm sim delivery. Usually its recommended you purchase locally and save the reciept and you get a credit on your account. Is your "current" provider's plan more expensive than the pm plan you chose? Pm will also have to credit you for lost service. If you can purchase a new sim today I would message him back......

Scotty2

He order one for me and told me to have a Moderator set it all up once I receive it

@Scotty2 

Ok I trust him....been here about a year. Do you have access to a local retailer to get a new sim card?

Scotty2

No text on old SIM card.  Moderator is Razvan

@Scotty2 

That's a weird answer seeing as you recieved a text message on that sim card...or did you recieve the text on your old sim card? Do you mind sharing the name of the moderator?

Scotty2

Ya.  Replied to the Moderator with all the info I have and he said to wait for the new SIM card and activate the new one.  Nothing can be done to fix the activation of this SIM card.  Sounds odd to me but that's what he said.

@Scotty2 

Did you respond YES to the porting authorization text from your former provider?

Edit:

Oops missed a couple of replies....it sounds like your sim didn't provision correctly and/or your self serve account didn't set up correctly.....and your port may be stuck. Send a message to the moderator you have been dealing with.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scotty2 : Can you try the Create account on the right side of that screen?

Porting can be a bit messy. When the flow flows, you're supposed to leave the old SIM in to wait for a confirmation text. But outgoing should work on the new SIM.

I still really doubt you need a new SIM though.

Scotty2

Just put in the PM SIM card and got a text message stating "an email confirmation including your activation and payment information will be sent shortly".  Then I sent a text to that phone and received another text from PM stating "you have been sent a text but you need to have a texting plan in your account to receive it.  Go to self serve etc.".  I cannot login to the account I was originally trying to set up.  I clicked that I forgot password and got an error message stating "Sorry, we are unable to verify your email address.".  But the test text I sent was to the number that is still active with my other provider.  Does it even make sense that I would get these messages with the PM SIM card inserted and a text sent to my current phone number active with other provider??  So confused right now

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scotty2 : And the PM SIM in the phone? Anything?

Scotty2

No text from previous service provider.  Didn't get that far in the process I guess.  Service is still active with previous provider.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scotty2 : Did you wait for the text from the previous provider? Then did you insert the new SIM? Is the old service still working? Maybe all is done since it took your money. You might need to create the self -serve account.

Scotty2

Yes.  Mod told me all of this and even escalated to tech team.  The screen was stuck on plans, but for some reason my card was indeed charged.  Have tried entering SIM online again and it is now stating "invalid SIM".  Such a headache!

Will just have a mod activate everything for me when I get my new SIM card.  Definitely don't want to go through this garbage again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scotty2 : Did a mod tell you all of that? That's news to me. The payment card screen name and address has to match the payment card name and address. If you're using a gift card _maybe_ the profile name and address needs to match.

Killing the SIM??...really doubt it. The mods should be able to get that going for you. These activation problems happen from time to time. Also usually it's a matter of waiting an hour before trying again.

Edit: already all kinds of suggestions made. But you said it seemed stuck on plans. That's before payment. So how far did you get?

Scotty2

So turns out that my SIM card is now compromised and I need a new one.  Reason it happened was because the name on the credit card I entered during activation didn't match the name on the public mobile account (I was setting up for my wife).  That caused the SIM card to become compromised and cannot be fixed.  However the system took my credit card and charged me for the plan.  So interesting that the system will take the money but kill the SIM card.  Now I need to get a new SIM card, try to get the charge reversed and attempt to do this all over again once I receive the new SIM card.  So frustrating!!

Scotty2

Thanks!  I reached out to a Moderator and he is going to help get all this done on his end.  Thanks for all the replies!

@Scotty2 

After waiting one hour make sure you :

1. Clear your browser.
  2. Reboot your device.
  3. Open one tab only in secret/incognito mode.
  4. Chrome, firefox or safari work best.

To port your number in upon activation ( except koodo prepaid and pc mobility...for them you must take a temporary number and contact the moderators after activation to complete your number transfer.) Use the following info:

1. Full name on account.
  2. Account #.
  3. Phone #.
  4. Alternate phone #. (Optional but handy.)

Referral code and current data promocodes are entered on the fourth page. Your card details should be entered as follows:

1. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  2. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  3. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  4. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  5. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Write down your email, password, 4 digit account pin #, security question and answer and put it  in a safe place for future reference when needed. Best of luck!

@Scotty2 wrote:

Thanks.  Did what you suggested and now when I enter my SIM card number to start it says the card number is invalid.  It the SIM card locked or something now?

@Scotty2 

Temporarily your SIM is timed out.  As stated above, wait one hour and try again.  Might want to clear cache, incognito mode or a different web browser.  

Scotty2

Thanks.  Did what you suggested and now when I enter my SIM card number to start it says the card number is invalid.  It the SIM card locked or something now?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check your credit card to make sure that you were not charged.  Try clearing cache and cookies then reboot and start over.

If you wish to transfer an existing numbering from Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Moderator team here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Scotty2 , if you are stuck in plans for that long it's not normal.  Cancel the session, clear browser cache and try again.  There should be no concerns of messing things up.  It is possible that the SIM card may be session locked and you need to wait am hour for that to clear.

Need Help? Let's chat.