cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation stuck in limbo

stubirdnb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I spent a couple of hours yesterday trying to sign up my brother to PM from his old provider, Virgin Mobile. Half way through the activation process the first time we started getting error messages and went back to see if we'd done something wrong and lost all info. Started over from scratch and just before entering payment details my brothers laptop went dead (battery). Plugged it in and started from scratch again. Made it further this time as I was able to enter PIN number and receive credit for my payment voucher. Pressed the final confirmation button and received an error page. So did it go through? I received notification that I had successfully referred a friend and was credited with the $20 bonus. My brother has not been able to get the PM SIM card to work and had to put his Virgin SIM card back in his phone and it still works even though we ported over the number to PM as part of the activation process. We are also not able to log into his PM account using the email address and password we used to set up his account. 

Any suggestions as as to what we can do next? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@stubirdnb  Insert the PM simcard and see if it connects to the network. If it does, Click here to register your selfserve account.

If not, submit a ticket to PM for help as follows:

stpm-new.png

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stubirdnb wrote:

When trying to login we get the message "Sorry, your login attempt failed...". My brother did not receive an activation confirmation email and his Virgin SIM card is still working although it has been over 24 hours since we ported number and activated PM account and SIM (or at least we thought we had, especially after I received a text from PM congratulating me for referring a friend and crediting me the promotional $20 referral bonus).

Is your brother able to login to his account using the email and password supplied during the activation process?

If yes, check for the following items:

1.  account status should be active on the overview page after login.

2.  Click on the "Plan and Add-Ons" tab.  Your brother's Virgin number should be on the "Plan and Add-Ons" page.

If you cannot login, create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.
Keep asking SIMon to "contact human" for one or more times. SIMon will eventually show you the "Submit a ticket" button. Click on submit button to get the create ticket screen.

stubirdnb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When trying to login we get the message "Sorry, your login attempt failed...". My brother did not receive an activation confirmation email and his Virgin SIM card is still working although it has been over 24 hours since we ported number and activated PM account and SIM (or at least we thought we had, especially after I received a text from PM congratulating me for referring a friend and crediting me the promotional $20 referral bonus).

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If the Virgin sim still works then the number has not been ported over yet but it does take time depending on how nice Virgin feel that day.

Not being able to log into the account, are you absolutely sure about the password? Did you write it down?  Some days when I try to log into my account if tries and tries and finally times out.  Are you getting any message when he tries to login?

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@stubirdnb It sounds like a provisioning issue. Open a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the lower right and type - talk to rep.

Need Help? Let's chat.