cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation screen spinning

rsjones0815
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there. I went through all steps for new activation online. Completed all screens, got to activate, clicked activate and it's been spinning for almost 2 hours. Says not to click back or refresh, but really?

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rsjones0815 wrote:

That laptop sure didn't work for me. I tried incognito too. Used my pc at work today and it went through. Just have to wait for the old phone number to transfer to new phone now. Fingers crossed.

Good news.

I primarily use Firefox. I have several add-ons doing things.

When I need to do something transactional then I use a different browser that has no add-ons and filters and such. That way I can have a little more assurance that the transaction will work without issue.

@rsjones0815 wrote:

That laptop sure didn't work for me. I tried incognito too. Used my pc at work today and it went through. Just have to wait for the old phone number to transfer to new phone now. Fingers crossed.

@rsjones0815  Glad to hear you got it working. To continue to receive calls you can use your old sim card until it stops working. Once that happens it means the port has completed and at that point you can start using your PM sim for incoming and outgoing.

rsjones0815

yep I did. Tried today on my pc at work at viola! Now waiting for phone number to transfer.............................................

rsjones0815

@rsjones0815 wrote:

Sim in. No network. Hit refresh got 404 timeout error on laptop. Did process again and it took the Sim number so I know it for sure didn't work last time, otherwise I would have gotten a Sim # error. Did all again and just spinning again.

@rsjones0815  Hopefully it  works this time. If not clear the cache and restart your laptop. As others have also mentioned maybe starting an incognito chrome session might also be worth a try.

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@rsjones0815 wrote:

I'm using Chrome,  but ok

Did you try the Incognito mode in Chrome though like @Dunkman suggested? Sometimes that helps.

rsjones0815

I'm using Chrome,  but ok

rsjones0815

Sim in. No network. Hit refresh got 404 timeout error on laptop. Did process again and it took the Sim number so I know it for sure didn't work last time, otherwise I would have gotten a Sim # error. Did all again and just spinning again.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rsjones0815 wrote:

Hi there. I went through all steps for new activation online. Completed all screens, got to activate, clicked activate and it's been spinning for almost 2 hours. Says not to click back or refresh, but really?

@rsjones0815  Do not hit the back button. What happend if you put the sim in your phone? Does it connect to the PM network? If yes, the activation was completed. If not, hit refresh, what happens?

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@rsjones0815 wrote:

When the woman at Walmart was helping me activate my account, the same thing happened to her... the neverending spinning. Well, we didn't wait the two hours like you did, but she said that she sees it happen all the time and that usually switching browsers and trying again makes it work. She was right, the activation went through right away on the second browser!

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@rsjones0815 You can also try logging into your account, it may have been created even if the site said there was an error.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@rsjones0815 

Public mobile site is slow, but not that slow....  

Stop the website, go back or refresh the site.  Put your SIM card into the phone to see whether it got activated.  Make sure that credit card was not charged online.  

If not activated or charged, you can attempt again.  Maybe try chrome incognito mode.   Seems to work for most customers.  

Need Help? Let's chat.