cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation process stuck at Payment page

ryanan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am doing online activating today but stuck at payment page. It says "Sorry, we are unable to verify your card at this time. Please ensure your card details are entered correctly and try again. If you continue to experience problems, contact your card provider for more information."

I actually tried both of my credit cards and none worked. I ensured all information is entered correctly.   

Is there system issue?  

I am trying to activate account today so that my referral can get her $20 referral bonus. 

16 REPLIES 16

ryanan

I used my wife credit card and succussfully activated SIM.  Her card has the same address as mine. Not sure why hers worked but mine didn't.  

I also bought payment voucher from Shell, just in case. 

Anyways, thanks everyone for your help. I am excited to join PM.  

BTW, later on, when I update credit card information to mine, will I see the same issue again? 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ryanan 

Make sure the credit card address matches what is on your statement.
1. If you live in multi-unit building, don't use the unit # or apt#. Just use the building number.
2. If the postal code on your statement has a space in the middle, left the last digit out. PM check the first 6 characters of the postal code only including the middle space.

1.  You can try another credit or debit card if you have another one.

2.  You can get a PM topup voucher.  Some store does not activate them right away.  But with member feedback, Shell gas station activates PM voucher right away.  By the time you are back home, your voucher is ready.

3.  Always restart your browser before trying again as PM server does not handle the session state correctly.  Restarting browser will ensure you have a fresh session state.

Good luck and welcome to PM!

Have a better and better days!

@ryanan wrote:

I installed FireFox and used Private Window to activate. 

I still got the exact same error message "Sorry, we are unable to verify your card at this time. Please ensure your card details are entered correctly and try again. If you continue to experience problems, contact your card provider for more information."

I checked my credit card company's transaction history and there was no charge at all. 

You can get a payment voucher at your corner Shell gas station or London Drug...or many other retail locations and use it for your account...then deal with credit card issue later on.

@ryanan wrote:

I still got the exact same error message "Sorry, we are unable to verify your card at this time. Please ensure your card details are entered correctly and try again. If you continue to experience problems, contact your card provider for more information."

I checked my credit card company's transaction history and there was no charge at all. 

@ryanan 

Did you follow the instructions by @gblackma in previous post?  The credit card entry system is finicky.  

If you are still having issues, you can contact moderator to help or try the live chat feature (if available) for activation.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-started

Moderators will take 1-2 days response time.  If you really need to activate today, you could buy a payment voucher either in store or online (recharge.com - service fee applies) and activate right away and sort out the credit issues later with moderator. 

ryanan

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@ryanan wait 1 hour from last attempt,  clear your browser history,  go to private/ incognito mode and try again to activate your account. When entering your debit/ credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

How to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up 

@ryanan wrote:

I didn't know I need to insert the new SIM card first. I will try again.

@ryanan no you don't need to put sim in first necessarily it was just to check to see if you have service a lot of times it say cc failed but actually it goes through 😁

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Trying using a different browser and incognito mode.  Also clear your cache and cookies then reboot.

If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

@ryanan wrote:

Now it says I will have to try after 50 minutes. 

Maybe try using a different web browser too. Try using Firefox and use in Private Mode (or incognito if that's what you have.) Also, clear out your cache files.

ryanan

Now it says I will have to try after 50 minutes. 

ryanan

I didn't know I need to insert the new SIM card first. I will try again.

@ryanan 

If your credit card was not charged, you can try again.  But, maybe use a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  Chrome incognito works well.  Might want to give some time in between attempts

With credit card information, make sure name of the card and address exactly matches the billing address.  If apartment number, leave the section blank.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Make sure to enter the postal code as V5N7Y1....not V5N 7Y1...no space between numbers.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@ryanan wrote:

I am doing online activating today but stuck at payment page. It says "Sorry, we are unable to verify your card at this time. Please ensure your card details are entered correctly and try again. If you continue to experience problems, contact your card provider for more information."

I actually tried both of my credit cards and none worked. I ensured all information is entered correctly.   

Is there system issue?  

I am trying to activate account today so that my referral can get her $20 referral bonus. 

@ryanan wrote:

Is there system issue?  

@ryanan hi check to see if your card was charged insert sim see if it works  leave apt number blank that always screws things up make sure all else is exactly as on your cc

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ryananyou may get help with your activation thru live chat here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started

If it errors out when entering your payment information, here are a few tips you can try: 

1. Make sure the billing information you entered is exactly as shown on your credit card statement.
    2. Do not include any apartment/condo/suite numbers, and do not enter any special characters or abbreviations in the address line.
Need Help? Let's chat.