cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation problem

elocstr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m trying to activate the number but old provider keeps telling me my number is still with them

15 REPLIES 15

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@elocstr wrote:

I’m trying to activate the number but old provider keeps telling me my number is still with them

@elocstr  

Just to be sure here...did you already get charged for a SIM card activation?

Step 1 is to ACTIVATE the SIM card. You can activate a SIM in-store or online, here https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/portal/activation

Most numbers can be porting over through the activation process.

Check to make sure your number is eligible here: 

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

Yes, it says Koodo - that's okay.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

@elocstr wrote:

I did not receive a text. What is csa ? What’s the number?

CSA - Customer Service Associate.

Sent you phone number by personal email (PM). Look at envelope, top right corner of the page.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@elocstr 

Please read thru this help article:

Port Fraud Protection (publicmobile.ca)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@elocstr wrote:

I tried submitting a ticket and it did not work. How do I contact a pm and what is it?

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • or Click  Here link. 

@elocstr wrote:

I tried submitting a ticket and it did not work. How do I contact a pm and what is it?

@elocstr   You try the second option by sending a private message to CS_Agent here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

you have requested port  in already  

there is a number you can call.  I will message you on Community inbox (envelop icon on top right) , check there

@elocstr wrote:

@elocstr   CSA, also known as Customer Support Agents.  Sorry, no number to call at PM, all support is either through this community forum (other customers) for minor issues, or you'll need to contact customer support by clicking the chatbot bubble bottom right of screen and submit a ticket.

What text did you not receive?

elocstr

elocstr

elocstr

I did not receive any texts

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@elocstr the number port needs to be initiated by Public not your old provider. 

They will release your number when the request for porting will go form Public mobile. The old provider will text you for authorization which you need to reply with in the time limit mentioned above.

If you are following this procedure and still having trouble, contact CSA.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@elocstr wrote:

@elocstr 

Have you initiated the porting with PM?

If yes, your port may be incomplete, I sent you a number to call. Check your inbox.

And don't forget to keep your old SIM in your phone to answer Yes within 90 minutes to the texto your old provider will send to confirm the transfer.

If the issue is not resolved, you'll need to contact PM for help:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1n1doJroLwunnRGLWzZ...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@elocstr   to port your number, you don't have to contact our original provider at all.  Just make sure the account there is active.

The activate and request porting at the activation portal

Or if you have activated already, you can use My Account, Change Number to request porting the number (if you decide to use the ported number to replace your current PM number)

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@elocstr wrote:

Did you already signed up with PM? If yes, pick temporary number and initiate PORTing.

You have to have old SIM in your phone as within 90 minutes you will receive SMS from old provider confirming number transfer and you have to answer YES to that SMS.

If you miss it then PM CSA have to be involved or you have to call PM's porting number to talk to live person.

As porting gets initiated, you will get SMS capability first and soon calling too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@elocstr 

Make sure that you have the old SIM card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

Eligibility Check if your existing number is eligible to move visit Here link 

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,
Need Help? Let's chat.