cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation problem

Boltona03
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I got my sim card this Morning and I wanted to keep my old number but there is funds owing on my old account so I went onto my profile to change to a new number which I got but I still don’t have service and I am not too sure what my next step is as I submitted a ticket as well

Help please 

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Boltona03 

I assume you owe money for your previous carrier. 
Since you got a new number rather than porting your old number over to PM, check to see if your phone show Public Mobile. 
If it does, did you reboot the phone before you put in the new PM SIM? If not, just power off the phone and wait a few minutes then power the phone on.

If this doesn’t work, a PM CS Agents are the only one that can help you.

Keep your eyes on the envelope icon on this Community page from the CS Agent.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Boltona03 wrote:

So I got my sim card this Morning and I wanted to keep my old number but there is funds owing on my old account so I went onto my profile to change to a new number which I got but I still don’t have service and I am not too sure what my next step is as I submitted a ticket as well

Help please 

@Boltona03 

The SIM card swap can be done through your Self Serve account.

See details on how to do this here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SIM-Swap-Fraud-2-factor-authentication/...

If your account is suspended, you will need to make a payment to get back services again.

Reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611:

Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and choose "Other (enter the desired payment amount)" option to enter manually the amount owed.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or

Using 611 to make your payment: ( you need your 4 digit pin)
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Boltona03 wrote:

Help please 

@Boltona03 

If you have submitted a ticket already, watch your Inbox (that little envelope) for a reply from CS.

Capture.JPG

They will tell you what to do.

Endeavork
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you had entered new sim card number for transfer your old number ? System may got confused after you re-done for asign new number.  You have to explain your situation  in detailed. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you log into your account to change your sim ?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

Try calling 611 or log into your account to check the status.  Try rebooting your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.