cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation/ porting problem

Annabelle1985
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,  I'm new and trying to port my husband's number from Telus the bot says it could take up to 2 hours to port a number but it's been longer than that.  Tried to summit a ticket, made it to the end of all the questions and can't submit for some reason.  Don't even know if the SIM was activated correctly.  I can log into his account and everything looks good but his phone still says no provider, emergency calls only.  

Any help would be very appreciated 

15 REPLIES 15

@Annabelle1985  I'm assuming the moderators fixed your issue. Can you elaborate on what they did or if they offered you an explanation? Happy you do finally have service! Welcome to public mobile.

andreale
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Don't worry. I ported my phone number last time from Chatr to PM. It took me almost 4 days to be ported. Sometimes there is some trouble between 2 providers so the porting could take longer time. Or you can connect with the morderator PM team, send message to them from the PM acc, they will answer you within few hours. Very useful team. 

@Annabelle1985 

There are 4 moderators working right now you shouldn't have to wait more than a couple of hours. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of the screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. If you have email notifications set up in your profile you can be notified via email of a private message.

It sounds like the issue lies within the SIM card and the account as no service is working versus partial services which would indicate a failed or stuck port. Only moderators can help with this particular issue.

No @Annabelle1985 it comes by private message here. Pay attention to the envelope at the top right of your screen .

@Annabelle1985 wrote:

Yes,  phone number is showing on the account. No service at all. 

Submitted a ticket but haven't heard anything back.  Will the moderators response be emailed to me?

Annabelle1985

Yes,  phone number is showing on the account. No service at all. 

Submitted a ticket but haven't heard anything back.  Will the moderators response be emailed to me?

@Annabelle1985  Did you check/try the suggestions provided already? Do you have any service at all on the phone? Is the phone number appearing in the account?

@Annabelle1985  Only if your balance is overdue should it be an issue. However making a payment to cover the balance due never hurts but it is unlikely to be causing telus to not release the phone number.

@Annabelle1985 , it could be. You may have to settle your Telus bill before they would allow the port. Telus owns PM. 

@Annabelle1985 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. 

Could having a balance with my old provider be the issue? 

Annabelle1985

Thanks for your reply. 

Could having a balance with my old provider be the issue? 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Annabelle1985 wrote:

Hello,  I'm new and trying to port my husband's number from Telus the bot says it could take up to 2 hours to port a number but it's been longer than that.  Tried to summit a ticket, made it to the end of all the questions and can't submit for some reason.  Don't even know if the SIM was activated correctly.  I can log into his account and everything looks good but his phone still says no provider, emergency calls only.  

1.  To eliminate hardware problem, put his SIM card in your phone. 

If your phone says emergency call only, his SIM card has activation issue.

2.  Login to his account.  His account should be active.

Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is his number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] page?

If his number is not showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] page, PM has not started the porting process.

If his number is showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] page, he is waiting for Telus to release his number to PM.

3.  Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Annabelle1985  Sounds like a provisional issue. 

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Annabelle1985 wrote:

Check the last 4 digits of the SIM physically on the card and in the self-serve. Unfortunately, if a typo is in the SIM # and it's before the last 4 digits then you can't tell. I've said for a while that the whole SIM # should be visible. Alas.

gjong26
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Maybe try contacting a moderator from PM to assist. Can you verify that your PM account is active? There were issues with other customers porting certain numbers which caused issues for them. So the delay may be related to that possibly. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Annabelle1985  restart your phone.  If that fails contact the moderators directly through private message here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Annabelle1985 wrote:

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Annabelle1985 wrote:

So you have no service at all on the phone?  Sometimes it can take upto 3 hours to complete the porting. 

Meanwhile try rebooting the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.