cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation - only outgoing calls working

Miks2001
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated my account yesterday and ported my number but cannot send/receive text and cant receive calls.  And after a couple of hours I received a text from public mobile "We're experiencing difficulties processing your request to move to Public Mobile. Please go to PublicMobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form."

I have tried to go back and re-activate the sim but it says sim not available? Pls help...

15 REPLIES 15

@dabr wrote:

It does seem SIMbot hasn't actually improved the waiting times from contacting moderators via the regualr method.  That is kind of disappointing, but hopefully just a temporary roll out glitch.

I'm hopeful but wary. Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Miks2001 wrote:

Thanks guys ...was able to get a ticket.

Unfortunately, now comes the waiting game.  Good luck. 

Actually, I should qualify that from personal experience, most of the time the response and resolution period has been in matters of hours.

Based on my experience and observing the Community last few weeks response time is 2 - 5 days, so engage a backup plan. Mine is using fongo.com over wifi.

Try your old SIM it should still be working. Be sure to keep your old account active; it will close automatically when the transfer finishes.

I continue to find my advice here remains the least risky approach transferrinmg a number. Of course I am biased. Robot wink

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827

It does seem SIMbot hasn't actually improved the waiting times from contacting moderators via the regualr method.  That is kind of disappointing, but hopefully just a temporary roll out glitch.

@dabr wrote:

@Miks2001 wrote:

Actually, I should qualify that from personal experience, most of the time the response and resolution period has been in matters of hours.

Based on my experience and observing the Community last few weeks response time is 2 - 5 days, so engage a backup plan. Mine is using fongo.com over wifi.

Try your old SIM it should still be working. Be sure to keep your old account active; it will close automatically when the transfer finishes.

I continue to find my advice here remains the least risky approach transferring a number. Of course I am biased. Robot wink

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Miks2001

Thanks... I must say did'nt expect this kind of a response... really quick and helpful thanks again guys.

@Miks2001 wrote:

Miks2001

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

I just tested SIMon for first time..after going through the steps last page gave me ticket number..did you get something like this??

Don't know if you get a confirmation via email to. I checked nothing in email but maybe one does get sent and it's just delayed.

But here is what I got after submitting a test via SIMonScreenshot_20190909_144401.jpg

@Jb456   Good test!

I just tested SIMon for first time..after going through the steps last page gave me ticket number..did you get something like this??

Don't know if you get a confirmation via email to. I checked nothing in email but maybe one does get sent and it's just delayed.

But here is what I got after submitting a test via SIMonScreenshot_20190909_144401.jpg

Miks2001

No numbet yet... but will try again. Thanks

@Miks2001 wrote:

I have send a message to the mods but how I get a ticket? Thanks

Did you get a number when you sumitted your message?  I haven't used the chatbot yet but I believe you should have been issued a number for reference.

@Miks2001To submit the ticket you have to use the SIMon bot by clicking on the lower right hand corner of the page. Type in your issue, once SIMon had replied and you tell him more information type in "submit ticket" then SIMon will create a ticket based on your conversation with it.

Miks2001

I have send a message to the mods but how I get a ticket? Thanks

Miks2001

Thanks will do.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Miks2001 wrote:

I activated my account yesterday and ported my number but cannot send/receive text and cant receive calls.  And after a couple of hours I received a text from public mobile "We're experiencing difficulties processing your request to move to Public Mobile. Please go to PublicMobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form."

I have tried to go back and re-activate the sim but it says sim not available? Pls help...

You'll need to send a message to moderators, click on the ? bubble bottom right of your screen to submit a ticket.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Contact moderators

Simon.JPG

Need Help? Let's chat.