cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of my phone

Jcc8289
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had talked to freedom mobile, they agreed to release my phone number to public mobile. Please activate my phone ASAP, thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to PM @mrigney . Did you set up your self service/ my account ? You can also transfer /port your number from another provider from within your self service account.  Did you use a referral code to get a one time $10 payment. And put a credit card on file/ Autopay for a monthly $2 discount.

@mrigney wrote:

I went to London Drugs, bought sim card & they  helped complete the activation of my account. That was where I could have pulled an existing phone number if I wanted to, they were very helpful. 

mrigney
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I went to London Drugs, bought sim card & they  helped complete the activation of my account. That was where I could have pulled an existing phone number if I wanted to, they were very helpful. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jcc8289 wrote:

I had talked to freedom mobile, they agreed to release my phone number to public mobile. Please activate my phone ASAP, thanks

@Jcc8289 You need to submit a ticket to PM and ask them to resubmit the port request.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

scorpio17
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You should activate your phone yourself in selfservice (https://activate.publicmobile.ca/). You could port your phone number during activation.

@Jcc8289 wrote:

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Jcc8289 

Did you already have service with public mobile that is not active now.

If it has been less than 90 days you can activate it yourself by logging into your selfserve and clicking 'reactivate button' and continue as promoted. https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ 

If it has been more than 90 days or if you never had service with public mobile then you can go to Walmart and activate your service there, they will help you transfer your freedommobile number too.

If you service with public mobile is active then you can login to your selfserve and transfer your number all by yourself here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/msisdn-swap/ 

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@Jcc8289 wrote:

It might just be a poor choice of wording, but just to be clear..... you DO currently have a Public Mobile SIM in your phone, and a new PM phone number, don't you?

@Jcc8289

You need the following three pieces of information to complete port:

Freedom account holdet name 

freedom account number 

Freedom phone number

Ignore PIN and IME. Expect 1-3 hour porting time. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Jcc8289 , number porting is done by pulling the number from the current provider.  So you do it from this end.  Login to the self serve, select change number, transfer and then enter all the particulars from your Freedom account.  Make sure to exclude spaces and hyphens from the account number when entering it.  

Need Help? Let's chat.