cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation line not working

Dadato
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I activated a new SIM card with an old mobile number from Telus.  It’s more than 12 hours and restarting my phone.  The phone line is still not working and status is “No Service”

7 REPLIES 7

@kb_mv wrote:

@Dadato Are we allowed to port in on activation again? There was a period (still is?) where all port requests had to go through a moderator. Welcome to PM!

@kb_mv My recollection is that, except for Koodo prepaid and PC Mobile, port-in can currently be done during activation by the customer; after activation with a new number moderator assistance is required.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Dadato Are we allowed to port in on activation again? There was a period (still is?) where all port requests had to go through a moderator. Welcome to PM!

@Luddite Corrected lol.

Dadato
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes.  My number at telus is still active and also active when I port to public 

@Dadato if your phone is an iPhone try to sync to iTunes
1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
6. Disconnect and restart. From @luddite.

And if this doesn't work try a network reset and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Dadato  if nothing is working, your sim maynot have provisioned properly. Contact the moderators and ask them to fix it for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Dadato wrote:

Hi, I activated a new SIM card with an old mobile number from Telus.  It’s more than 12 hours and restarting my phone.  The phone line is still not working and status is “No Service”

@Dadato hi when you say old number from telus was it active when you tried to port it?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Contact a moderator.

To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

Need Help? Let's chat.