cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation issue

rugerty100
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Note: I've contacted support, but just posting here as well to see if anyone can help out. 🙂

red error.png

I attempted to activate my account and port my number over. The red error message "Your activation request has failed. Please contact Public Mobile for help." appeared, and my account does not seem to have been activated.

There was also a second message on that screen that said "To complete your Public Mobile activation, please restart your activation by visiting activate.publicmobile.ca and select a different credit/VISA debit card or payment method"

I placed the Public Mobile SIM card in my phone, and I can call out to other phones (including my own just-ported number from WIND). Caller ID shows as [My Usual Phone #] but I can't call the Public Mobile SIM from another phone. It just leads to my old voicemail.

I received a verification email and validated my email, but I can't access any self-serve features as my account is not set up. Tried using "Forget My Password", but it just says "Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address.".

Thanks.

24 REPLIES 24

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @dlepp

Firstly, you will need to create a self-serve account here at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

-Your plan is the following: $186 (Province talk + Global text + 12GB)

-The plan will expire on the 30th of November 2016. 

-Starting date 1st of September 2016.

Once the self-serve account is created, you will be able to see all the details. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

dlepp
Ok thanks, When I previously put the SIM card in I immediately got a text saying the there was no texting plan associated with the account, and I couldn't use the Internet. Now when I put it in I seem to have data and don't get the text warning. I had previously created an account and signed up for the 90 day province-wide with texting and 12 gb, but got that error message at the end. Now, I'm not able to login to my self-serve account. I see that the charge went through from my Visa so I am assuming I am signed up to that plan, but I would like to confirm and be able to sign in to my account. I'd also like to know when the plan will expire, since I have missed several days of service I assume the 90 days will start when the service began, and not on the payment date.

Thanks

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@Shazia_K Thank you so much for fixing this issue so quickly, hope everything's well @dlepp welcome to the PM family 🤑

I'm going to bed now 😴😴😴😴😴💤💤💤💤

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @dlepp

I'm sorry to hear about the activation glitch, 

I have finished the activation for you, can you please test out the SIM card in your phone? 

Please also create a self-serve account here

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Of course, @Shazia_K or @marie_M could you please take a look at this.

dlepp

I'm also having the same problem.  I sent in an support request 3 days ago but haven't heard back.  Can someone help here?

Thanks

Andy1000
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Problem solved thank you all.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Andy1000

I'm sorry about this, 

I have received a private message from you, can you please send me the account number with Fido? 

Thanks,

Shazia

Rockdaddy22
@Shazia_K or @Mary_M should make contact with you in this thread in the morning.

Andy1000
Thank you I will try one of them in the morning.

Rockdaddy22
I'm really sorry to hear that @Andy1000 Shazia_K or Mary_M should be able to help you out in the morning, just hold tight.

Andy1000
I am having the same problem can you help?

Rockdaddy22
I'm sorry but it seems to be the case 😞 The communities the best 🙂

rugerty100

I'm glad the community here exists.

If I decided to just wait for my ticket to go through, I would've had to wait two weeks.

Rockdaddy22
That's great news

Minreau
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Rockdaddy22 Everything works now. Thanks!

Rockdaddy22
Thanks for the update and welcome to the PM family 🙂

rugerty100

Phone calls and texts sucessfully route to my new Public Mobile SIM.

I've attempted to login to my self-serve account, but it still didn't work.

I then selected "Create Account" instead to try and make an account again.

It worked. I hope I don't have two accounts now, another stuck in limbo.

Rockdaddy22
Hopefully both of these cases got solved successfully, if either of you wish to update, that'd be great, welcome to both of you 🙂

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Minreau

Yes you may PM me your phone number 🙂

I'll look out for it,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Minreau
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Mary_M I am having the exact same problem. Can I PM you my phone number?

rugerty100

PM'ed, thanks!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @rugerty100

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Sorry to hear about this - its look like you came across a small hiccup during activation.

Can you please send me your phone number via private message ? We'll complete the activation and port for you.

Thanks!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

PBForMe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This will require one of the PM staff to work their magic. Hold tight they'll fix you right up. 

Need Help? Let's chat.