cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation issue

Alleyoop
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi.

About 4PM Eastern time, I completed the application process (personal details/payment etc), took out the Rogers SIM card and inserted the PM SIM card.

I have a iphone 7 plus which is unlocked.

I also requested that I keep my old tel #.

However, while awaiting the activation process to complete a  message stated that "it may take a few minutes to activate your phone" ; then another message popped 
It states:
"The SIM card that you have installed in this iphone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server.This is not a hardware issue with the iphone.Please insert another SIM card from. asupported carrier or request that this iphone be unlocked by your carrier.Please contact APPLE for more info."
I retried several times however same message.

If you have any clues please advise.
The time now is 5:35pm

5 REPLIES 5

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Alleyoop wrote:

Yes I called Rogers and they (I think) reluctantly unlocked it after trying desperately to keep me as a cutomer.

Then I had to put in my Apple ID and itunes password to complete the process.

It seems to be working now.

Tx all for your help.

Like I said Thankfully your Previous Provider was Rogers, had it been Bell you would have lost your mind. They are such a scummy corporation

Alleyoop
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes I called Rogers and they (I think) reluctantly unlocked it after trying desperately to keep me as a cutomer.

Then I had to put in my Apple ID and itunes password to complete the process.

It seems to be working now.

Tx all for your help.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Alleyoop wrote:

Hi.

About 4PM Eastern time, I completed the application process (personal details/payment etc), took out the Rogers SIM card and inserted the PM SIM card.

However, while awaiting the activation process to complete a  message stated that "it may take a few minutes to activate your phone" ; then another message popped 
It states:
"The SIM card that you have installed in this iphone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server.This is not a hardware issue with the iphone.Please insert another SIM card from. asupported carrier or request that this iphone be unlocked by your carrier.Please contact APPLE for more info."

That message means that the iPhone you think is unlocked but it is not.  iPhone 7 series came out before that CRTC mandate of selling unlocked phones. So you have to to get in touch with your Previous Provider to have them unlock it. Thankfully in your case that Previous Provider is not Bell because they make it very difficult to unlock your phone.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Alleyoop wrote:

Hi.

It states:

@Alleyoop You need to call Rogers and ask them to unlock your phone.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It seems like the phone is still locked to Rogers.  You need to contact Rogers to get the phone unlocked.

Need Help? Let's chat.