cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation issue

yenle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Today, I receive a call from Public Phone and let me know the created number will be deactivated. The caller let me know that when I activated, it lacked the name of old provider. However, the number is normally using now. It have not any problem. Kindly advice how to resolve the issue.

17 REPLIES 17

yenle

Yes, I did. Just raise a ticket to contact Mod.

Tahnk you

@yenle The mod team asked you to contact them. Please do. They wouldn't ask you to if there wasn't a problem

yenle

I still receive text in normal. Hust only can't receive call.

Thank

@yenle can you receive texts? If no, your port is stuck.  As mentioned above, contact a moderator. To use Simon. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket). If you have problems using Simon, use this private message link to contact them directly  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

yenle

Hi Marie,

I jsut check again the operation of the SIM. It can't receive call from another. However, I can call another and use data normally.

Kindly advice to resolve the problem.

Thank you

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @yenle,

Please send a private message using SIMon so we can check your account.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help

Thanks,

Camelia_M

yenle

It's ok now. Thank you.

yenle

Thank you

yenle

Now, the number is still using normally. I think it have not problem.Thank you.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@yenle wrote:

Hi,

Today, I receive a call from Public Phone and let me know the created number will be deactivated. The caller let me know that when I activated, it lacked the name of old provider. However, the number is normally using now. It have not any problem. Kindly advice how to resolve the issue.

@yenle It could be something to do with the porting of your number. have you recently ported your number? Was it an automated phone call or there was someone on the other line talking to you?

as others have mentioned Contact the moderators about this.

1Click on the green question mark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.

This connects to the Autobot Simon. Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (Click on the "account-specific" question and human and submit a ticket)

Or contact them directly using this  Moderator_Team.

keep us updated

Cheers

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@yenle wrote:

Hi,

@yenle If you can receive calls on that number then it's not an issue but if you can't then you need to contact PM and supply the correct info so that they can resubmit the port request.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Number porting FYI:

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.  Continue to use your old SIM card until it stop working.  This is the indication that your port i completed.  Start switching to use your PM SIM card.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@yenle wrote:

Hi,

If you ported your old number to PM and received a call saying that you did not provided the name of your old provider account.  

If you do not receive income calls and text messages, your port is struck.  

Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can submit a ticket. If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help   -> Click on Chart with Simon on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me!"  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@yenle wrote:

Hi,

@yenle 

More details would be helpful.  Did you recently port over a number from another company?  Or did you activate a new phone number?  Sometimes you would get a call from the porting team if there are any issues.  Are you able to receive texts and phone calls?  

AresPalace
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm a bit confused about what you are trying to say. Do you mind clarifying? 

I find it a bit strange public mobile gave you a call with a person behind the phone. This is the first time I heard about this situation. It doesn't seem very likely.

Are you saying that when you tried to port your number from your previous provider, it failed? 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@yenle please contact the moderators and ask them about this message. Use this private message link to contact them directly  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437. 

@yenle wrote:

Hi,

Need Help? Let's chat.