cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation from a Koodo pre-paid number

misscalico
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can activation from a Koodo pre-paid number be done at Wal-Mart or one of the other in person locations? 

If I decide to use the online activation I have to select a new number during the process and then contact the moderator to get the number changed.  What happens in the interim with my existing phone number?  I hope it doesn't get reclaimed. 

6 REPLIES 6

@misscalico wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. Would it be faster to get it all done at a PM kiosk?

@misscalico  Yes, it will be much faster in fact and they also have direct access to the back-office so they might even be able to setup the port from Koodo prepaid. I would definately go there if I had a choice.

@misscalicoI don't think PM kiosks will be any faster, they have exclusives eg free SIM cards etc.

If you have access to one it would be better but I'm not sure they can port a Koodo prepaid number. I believe you still have to message the moderator_team 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@misscalicoIf you decide to activate and port your number from Koodo prepaid to Public Mobile at a store. I would recommend you take your time and double check everything including your contact info and make sure your SIM card is activated AND working before you leave the booth.

misscalico
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the quick reply. Would it be faster to get it all done at a PM kiosk?

GR
Mayor / Maire

@misscalico  yes pick a new number and keep your Koodo account active and then when you public mobile number is activated avd works message the moderator_team to port your number from Koodo. While you're waiting for they're reply you can continue to use the Koodo Sim card until its ported and then it will stop working because the public mobile Sim card will have your old number 

Need Help? Let's chat.