cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation failed

rgkc361
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I input everything including name, address, old phone number, credit card then hit ACTIVATE button. After 3 minutes circulating, It said Activation failed, but don't panic, please click Retry. So I retried, I had to start it all over and then it said: invalid SIM. What can I do? Buy a new SIM?

7 REPLIES 7

@Helpershelper wrote:

If after waiting 2 hours and it doesn’t work, I would just go to a physical cell phone kiosk in the mall and have them try and activate it. That’s what I would do when I activated my line for the first time.

There's no 2 hour wait for a sim card number to be accepted by the activation website. If someon has started the activation and clicks on the back button, the customer will receive an invalid sim card message. The wait time before this resets is stated to officially be 50 minutes. During that time, not even a store could activate that sim card.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If after waiting 2 hours and it doesn’t work, I would just go to a physical cell phone kiosk in the mall and have them try and activate it. That’s what I would do when I activated my line for the first time.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rgkc361  Just in case you're stuck without service for a while get the TextNow app. Free calling/texting using wifi, or cellular data. 
Keep your old account active; it will automatically close once the transfer is complete. Your old SIM should work until then. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rgkc361 

After failed attempt, PM server may still have your SIM card number locked to your previous activation session.  Wait for an hour for PM server to cancel your previous session and release your SIM card.  Make sure to restart your browser before redo activation process again.

While you are waiting, put your SIM card in your phone and restart your phone to test whether your SIM card was activated or not. 

Update 1:

If you received a welcome email from PM, it is an indication that your activation was completed.  Use your email address as username and your password supplied to login to your self-serve account.  https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@rgkc361 wrote:

I input everything including name, address, old phone number, credit card then hit ACTIVATE button. After 3 minutes circulating, It said Activation failed, but don't panic, please click Retry. So I retried, I had to start it all over and then it said: invalid SIM. What can I do? Buy a new SIM?

Try later on but clear your cache files, try a different web browser and use incognito mode.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@rgkc361 Try after 1 hour again.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@rgkc361 insert the sim in your device. and check if you have service

try creating your self serve account

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Need Help? Let's chat.