cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation failed

drdavers
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey!

Were on vacation in Canada from Sweden and purchased a SIM while on vacation. I have a Huawei Mate 10 Pro (which is compatible according to various forum posts and the bands seem to match).

Put in the simcard and tried to activate, but get error messages '' Your activation request has failed. Please contact Public Mobile for help.''

Tried paying for the 15 and 25 dollar plans with 3 cards (Swedish amex, Swedish mastercard, Canadian visa).

Appreciate the assistance. 

David

7 REPLIES 7

@drdavers wrote:

Thanks for the tip! Working fine! However a new problem, can't seem to connect to the network! The phone is a Mate 10 pro which should work?

EDIT:

Now I'm connected after a simple restart 🙂 ! Im trying to get others to call me but the call doesn't go through. The caller gets an error message : '' 6UT3 the number you reached is not in service?''

Does it take a bit a time till people cna reach me? 

@drdavers  Do you have access to your selfserve account? If yes, does it show active on the landing page? Does it show the correct plan? When you select the Plan & Add-ons tab does it show the correct phone number.

If you did not setup your selfserve account then click here to register your selfserve account.

@drdavers wrote:

Went on the APN settings website and put in the details but still can't connect. Even turned off automatic on carrier settings and tried selecting both Public Mobile 3G and 4G and I get error messages that i can't connect. 

APN settings don't have anything to do with phone calls. Correct APN settings only allow you to use celluar data.  When that person is trying to call you, either the wrong number is being dialed or otherwise being incorrectly dialed or as @will13am was saying, the Public Mobile activation system failed to correctly enable your new phone number.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@drdavers, it is possible that the account provisioning did not work.  I suggest contacting the moderator team for support.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

The error message received is referred to as an intercept message.  It is typical to get these messages for an inactive phone number.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intercept_message

@drdaversIs it a dual SIM model? Try putting your SIM in another slot. It depends on which model your phone is. Assuming your phone is a Swedish model it should work.

drdavers

Went on the APN settings website and put in the details but still can't connect. Even turned off automatic on carrier settings and tried selecting both Public Mobile 3G and 4G and I get error messages that i can't connect. 

drdavers

Thanks for the tip! Working fine! However a new problem, can't seem to connect to the network! The phone is a Mate 10 pro which should work?

EDIT:

Now I'm connected after a simple restart 🙂 ! Im trying to get others to call me but the call doesn't go through. The caller gets an error message : '' 6UT3 the number you reached is not in service?''

Does it take a bit a time till people cna reach me? 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@drdaversCan you check whether your credit card has been charged? BTW Public Mobile only accepts Canadian credit cards. If they haven't been charged try again in an hour after the SIM card has been deleted from the activation server.

Need Help? Let's chat.