cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation failed

Arezoovina
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I move from another carrier and it is more than 2 hours I have followed the instructions completely. But still the sim card doesn't work neither call nor data.

I tried to set a ticket but it does not work too.

22 REPLIES 22

mhark

Yeah, mine is working right now too, and the due date is now corrected. For mine, it seems to be a porting issue from my previous carrier, Freedom Mobile. I received a text message from Freedom at 3 am saying the porting failed, but now everything seems to be working.

Thanks everyone for the attention on this issue.

When you posted, I was in the process of posting to you.

Hopefully everyone is getting service this morning. It was a rough night, eh? @ohcanadaeh 

ohcanadaeh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My is up and running with no issue now...!

Are you backup and running as well? Did you submit a ticket?

@mhark wrote:

Hi,

I'm at the same boat as you - I sent 2 personal messages to the moderators and no response still. I ported my number more than 5 hours ago, and it keeps saying I can't use my phone because it's long distance and I don't have the add-on, even though the call I am making is local. Won't work at all--can't text or anything.

Awesome! Patience, persistance and PM mobile... Enjoy the savings and hopefully your future is bright with PM.

jmqm

Mine works now after severallllllllll hours

jmqm

This could be the reason why funds haven't been deducted?

30 days of service for $0

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-Get-your-next-30-days-of-ser...

jmqm

Same thing as well for me! I signed up over 6 hours ago and still nothing. I contacted support but this shouldn't be a thing.

mhark

I tried this, to change my plan to the same plan but it didn't really work. Did it work for you? I'm getting the "1969" due date too.

Screenshot from 2019-09-06 22-44-59.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ohcanadaeh wrote:

I found the following in one of the post having the same problem..........

Edit: Added more details

EDIT: SOLUTION: My card was charged but the funds were still on my Public Mobile Account, so I was able to go through and change my empty plan and add things without being charged twice.

May be I have to go and change my plan to another one (of the same as before) so the money will go into the new plan instead of having an empty plan.

Good searching! But this seems to be a system problem today. If things go wrong then you're probably already in line for the mods so clean it up then.

ohcanadaeh

I found the following in one of the post having the same problem..........

Edit: Added more details

EDIT: SOLUTION: My card was charged but the funds were still on my Public Mobile Account, so I was able to go through and change my empty plan and add things without being charged twice.

May be I have to go and change my plan to another one (of the same as before) so the money will go into the new plan instead of having an empty plan.

You'll have to open a ticket for Moderators to investigate.

@ohcanadaeh wrote:

I have the same issue and my account shows the 1969 date too

ohcanadaeh

I have the same issue and my account shows the 1969 date too

If you're having problems with SIMon bot..open it up again.

Write "human"

Click "account specific question"

Then click " no I want a human"

Then SIMon will give you link to open a ticket.

Or click link below to send them a message

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Arezoovina wrote:

Thank you. But even I could not submite any ticket.

I don't know whats wrong with it.

Arezoovina

Yeah. It is 1969.

So, what would be happen?

Arezoovina

Thank you. But even I could not submite any ticket.

I don't know whats wrong with it.

Arezoovina

Please share if you receive any response

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

You should consider creating a support ticket. Explain your issue to SIMON, the ? comment bubble in the bottom right.

SIMON

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand you better. Answer his questions until you get to here:

Create a support ticket

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will take over your case and respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday to Friday: 8AM- midnight EST
Saturday and Sunday: 8AM- 10PM EST

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Arezoovina wrote:

I move from another carrier and it is more than 2 hours I have followed the instructions completely. But still the sim card doesn't work neither call nor data.

I tried to set a ticket but it does not work too.

@Arezoovina  Even when porting your data should work immediately and you should also be able to call out. Power down your phone. Remove your sim wait for 15 minutes and then reinsert your card and try again.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Can you log into your self serve account and check if it says 1969 as payment due date and if there is a balance in your account??

Seems like there might be system error as a few have had this issue today..

Thanks

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Arezoovina@mhark It seems to be problematic tonight.. click on the ? in the lower right hand corner and type in activation errors, it should lead you to an error to submit a ticket for the moderator team to look at. Using SIMon is supposedly a more streamline way of asking / getting help than the older contacting moderator method.

Typically moderators will get to you within 48 hours.. Public Mobile skimps on customer service.. so one has to expect a longer wait time.

mhark

Hi,

I'm at the same boat as you - I sent 2 personal messages to the moderators and no response still. I ported my number more than 5 hours ago, and it keeps saying I can't use my phone because it's long distance and I don't have the add-on, even though the call I am making is local. Won't work at all--can't text or anything.

Need Help? Let's chat.