cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation failed but my credit card has been charged

cassandramunro
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It would really be nice to have a real human to speak with to sort this out. The activation took ages to process and then dropped me on an "oops!" error page, and told me to log out and back in to try again. When I tried to do that, it now says the SIM card number is invalid. I see that my credit card has already been charged for the first month however.

It took me a bazillion tries just to be able to log in again (why is there a different registration for your account and for this "Community"?") so that I could post this here.

I guess the savings we're promised means a sacrifice in adequate numbers of staff for better customer service. Not being able to speak to someone about my account issues within a few hours almost makes me want to just continue to pay more for TELUS full service.

Can someone please contact me about activating my account/SIM/porting my number from my current provider.

4 REPLIES 4

cassandramunro
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you everyone for the help. I did get contacted by a Moderator who is assisting with the porting.

Thanks again for the assistance here and apologies for my frustrated post. 🙂

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cassandramunro :Were you able to finally get your Public Mobile SIM working? Did you try any the suggestions posted above?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @cassandramunro ,

This online "Community" help can be a big change for some people, I know it was quite a pivot for me.

But, we are all humans here, and we like to help. 🙂 

Do you have working services with either your PM SIM or your previous provider's SIM?

Insert your PM SIM and try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for at least 3 minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

If you were charged...did you activate a new number, with the intention to port over afterwards? 

If you were porting during activation, maybe call the Porting Team at *** to assist with your port.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@cassandramunro Looks like your account was partially completed since you were charged. Put the sim in your phone and see if you are getting any signal or if any services are working at all. Only moderator team can help you with this so sending message through bot chat or sending Private Message is the only way. Provide as much details as possible so they can quickly address your activation problem. 

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.