cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation errors

bar0460
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Activated a new line yesterday and it definitely was not smooth sailing.  Thought I would share some of the errors I encountered and solutions so as to help any newcomers.

Tried 3 different sims that I had purchased last November to have on hand and each of them were rejected as invalid.  As well, the email address I used was not accepted. Although the email address I used was never used on Koodo or Public Mobile before it may have been used on Telus.  I created and used a brand new alias email under my everyday outlook email.  I then started the activation from scratch and the previously rejected sim card number was then accepted.

Proceeded to step 2 to try and select a new number.  Unable to select a new number because the drop down menu for city was blank.  Was using Edge browser so opened in internet explorer, same deal.  Aborted activation.  Restarted activation from scratch in Chrome and voila was able to select a new number and proceed to next steps and successfully activated the new line. The servers were very slow and the system hung for a very long time,  Don't despair, the commands will eventually go through.

In conclusion, my advice is to activate using Chrome and use an alias never used before email address, and if you get an invalid sim error look for another error somewhere else and fix that and then start a fresh.  Good luck!

3 REPLIES 3

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous there is no way to activate service via that 1-877-999-5055 number you posted.  I didn't think it was possible, so to be sure, I just called it myself, and the first thing it asks you for is your 10-digit public mobile phone number, then says, "or, if you don't have one, visit publicmobile.ca".  I don't know where you got the idea that activations could be done this way, but I'd appreciate it if you could not ever say that again, as it's just not true.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

so if you dont have any Account or phone number with public mobile .
or if you have a new sim card you can activation.
you can Get a SIM card From any Store Walmart locations to you can getting and
Try To make call to public mobile to you Activation by phone at 1-877-999-5055

maybe the phone number its work because you are a new .
and you can used a different browser internet explorer or google chrome .

or you can by Public Mobile Online Activation
@ https://activate.publicmobile.ca

or you can buy it online from website public mobile
@ https://store.publicmobile.ca/collections/all

good luck

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry to hear about the issues you experienced. To have it work better delete browser history/cashe or use chrome incognito mode. If you don't not complete the activation process the sim entered is reserved and you will not be able to activate it for at least 1 hour 

Need Help? Let's chat.