cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation error

faychi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Tried to activate online but ended up having acitvation error and asked me to try again.

When tried again, the sim number become invalid, even after waiting for more than 12 hours and tried different computer/brower/clear cache solutions.

Seems the payment went through according to my credit card record. But when I tried to log into the self serve account, it says login failed. Reseting password also failed with this error msg: "ForgotPassword/LoginUnsuccessfulUser_LoginDisabled ".

Help!

15 REPLIES 15

caroletou70

Bingo, went on my old provider sit and with the IMEI got the code and works. Thanks

caroletou70

Make sens, it's an old phone. Checking thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@caroletou70 wrote:

Hello, it's saying enter network unlock NIP

And if it's a Samsung then they have a nice online method to get an unlock code.

@caroletou70 wrote:

@caroletou70 

Is it possible that your phone is locked to previous carrier? Then you will need to contact previous carrier to get unlock code.  It is a free service these days.  

caroletou70

Anonymous
Not applicable

@caroletou70 wrote:

Activation NIP does not work but on the site it does. And after 72 hours no call back. I need to line ASAP. No way to talk to a human to get a PUK?

@caroletou70 

What exact message is your phone giving you?

There are several variations of a thing called PUK.

@caroletou70 wrote:

Activation NIP does not work but on the site it does. And after 72 hours no call back. I need to line ASAP. No way to talk to a human to get a PUK?

@caroletou70 

No call centre with Public mobile.  

You will need to contact moderator either via submitting ticket or directly private messaging moderator team.  

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website.  Follow prompts to submit ticket to moderator

or

Send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

caroletou70

Alan80
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you order the sim online or from the store? If u ordered from store let them activate for you, just to be on safer side.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@faychi 

Put your new PM SIM card in your phone.

Is your phone showing "Public Mobile" at the notification bar?

If yes, can you call or receive call?

faychi

Problem solved by mod. Thanks for all the replies!

waternlava
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Contact the mods with SIMon.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This issue is very common and it's best to contact a moderator by clicking ?, bottom right, and follow instructions.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@faychi  Since the payment went through, it seems like activation was partially completed. Put the sim in your phone and see if you get any service. You will need to reach out to the mod team so they can fully activate your account. Start a conversation with Simon (chat bot) by clicking HERE to submit a ticket to the Moderator Team.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@faychi click on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and start a conversation with Simon the chat bot and get to submit ticket.  The moderators will get back to hopefully tonight but if not it may take up to 48 hours 

Need Help? Let's chat.