cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation error, now I can't register SIM card or create account

kelly658
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

@Saray_O (I PM'd you more details but posting here too as it seems to be the normal procedure)

I received my SIM and when I tried to activate it online, I got a server timeout error in my browser after inputting my credit card details.

Now when I try to register again, it won't accept my SIM number (I assume because it's been partially activated?). However, I can't log into my PM account... so the activation doesn't appear to have been fully completed. Can you help?

Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13

Clear your cache, and go into Incognito mode and try again. Try a different browser if that doesn't work.

@panamacmillan   check to see if your credit card was charged.  If it wasn't wait an hour and go back to activate you some card

panamacmillan

I have an invalid sim # error showing up after I tried to get an account up and running...Any ideas?

It all happened after I had hit the button on the payment screen.Next page was an error 404.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hanna  someone yesterday had a similar issue. I will see if i can find teh thread.  but i think you might have to wait a while for teh session to expire.  if all else fails shoot the mods a message with all your info.

edit here is teh post https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Cannot-Proceed-after-Activation-Proce...

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time] from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

hanna

My session was interrupted and shows that SIM # is reserved by another session. Restarted computer and the same message displays.

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @lucas_gary

I see that your port is complete now and everything looks good in your account. Shoot me a private message if you need anything else! 😛 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

lucas_gary

I had the same thing happen.  I now see that my referral worked but the number hasn't been ported.  I don't know if the SIM is enabled or not, I'll find out shortly.

Tidomann

@Mary_M@Jeremy_M@Shazia_K@Saray_O@Caroline_D

I had the same issue. I am unable to log into my account. I selected a new number for my SIM activation (the number I unfortunately do not remember).

I am looking to port from Koodo, and unfortunately only learned after the fact that I was supposed to provide a seperate email from the one I was using with my Koodo account.

Please toss me a PM, I would love to sort this out today!

Thanks in advance

Tidomann

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @rico416

it seems like the activation went through and the port was completed already !

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

rico416

Can someone help me as well please??

Same problem: after credit card info was input, timeout/error.

I try to attempt to activate again and I get Invalid SIM. 

I can connect to the Public Mobile network.

I cannot create an account via email address.

I did not take note of the assigned phone number.

Help!!

kelly658

Since my texts are now working I was able to set up an account myself and all looks good. I'm going to mark this as solved!

kelly658

Just tried now... it connects to the Public Mobile network and everything is working fine. Looks like just my "My Account" wasn't set up properly.

I'm looking to port my service from another provider now so hopefully the "My Account" issue can be fixed soon 🙂

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Is the sim working when you insert it into your phone? 

Need Help? Let's chat.