cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation error: Generic Error

kahlonp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I was in the process of activating the SIM card (when through all the screen, picked plan & phone number, added credit card which shows it was charged) but then got the below error. I cannot login with the account I created either and SIM card says invalid now. How can I get this issue resolved? Thx.

Generic Error

Oh no! 
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

12 REPLIES 12

kahlonp

Did that, thx for the tip. Hopefully it works out.

@kahlonp wrote:

The phone has started working with the new SIM now. The account I had attempted to create during activation did not work, so created a new one using the new phone number and PIN it sent. Not sure how the referall would work since I had entered my friend's number during activation which had failed, hopefully both of us receive the credit. Thanks for all your help.

And if you don't receive the credit for referral (10$ for you and 1$ per 30 days for your friend)...write a message to the moderator to let them know!Smiley Happy

kahlonp

The phone has started working with the new SIM now. The account I had attempted to create during activation did not work, so created a new one using the new phone number and PIN it sent. Not sure how the referall would work since I had entered my friend's number during activation which had failed, hopefully both of us receive the credit. Thanks for all your help.

@alilow I am glad that worked for you, porting takes awhile depending on what type of port you are attempting

kahlonp

thx for sharing your experience. Hope my starts working soon to (i did not port any number, just went for a new number)

kahlonp

Will give that a try, thx.

alilow

@kahlonp wrote:

Hi, I was in the process of activating the SIM card (when through all the screen, picked plan & phone number, added credit card which shows it was charged) but then got the below error. I cannot login with the account I created either and SIM card says invalid now. How can I get this issue resolved? Thx.

Generic Error

Oh no! 

This exact same thing happened to me yesterday. I didn't get confirmation of activation or anything. Just generic error and whole afternoon I was re-trying sim to no avail. Then I put in the sim in my phone and lo and behold I have service! Still waiting for number to port over though, so not all is solved for me yet. One step at a a time I guess... 

kahlonp

It was a new number setup. Will try your suggestion of trying to put in the sim in the phone and rebooting. thx.

kahlonp

Thanks for responding, I will leave a message for mods then and hope they can resolve it.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@kahlonp wrote:

Generic Error

Oh no! 

Turn off your phone, take out SIM card, waiting 30 seconds or more, put SIM card back, restart your phone.

Clear cookies and caches, waiting one hour, then using incognito mode to log in.

It still don't work then contact moderator team:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@kahlonp 

Did you activate a new number or port a number from another mobile?  If your credit card was charged, hopefully the account/phone number is in the process of being set up.  Porting a number can take a couple of hours.  Put the SIM card in your phone and re-boot to check whether it was activated anyways.  

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@kahlonp wrote:

Generic Error

Oh no! 

Because you was charged you will need help from the moderator here...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and they will help you. Waiting time is few hours tp 2 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.