Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation code 5 numbers

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Hello community.

Do you have messages about problem with received activation code with only 5 numbers and not 6?

There are some on the french forum...

Any idea??

Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Just to end this thread.. the problem is or was (??) with the french forum. When the people tried to register on the english forum they received the 6 numbers and everything was ok....????

Ifora
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Guys,

I just bought my sim card today and had it activated in store and received 2 texts from the "611" number: 

1. Your new PIN is xxxx (4 digits).

2. Public Mobile: Your 6-digit code to complete your Self Serve registration is... xxxxxx (6 characters)

When I went to register on Self Serve, my session timed out and all I did was press the "submit" button next to my phone number again and another text with a 6-digit code was sent to me which worked. 

This was my experience hopefully it helps you!

Thanks @popping They have already tried the 5 digits with no success.

I was wondering if this problem (since a few days ago on the french forum for 5 or 6 people) was in the English forum too and if a solution was found....

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lieux wrote:

Here is one message about the problem..

Code has 6 characters during registration
Hi, when I try to create a self-service account, the code sent by text message has only 5 characters instead of 6. I have already tried several times. What to do?

Thanks @Anonymous for your explanation of the different codes. 

Try the 5 digit code.  If it does not work, send a private message to moderator for help.  Nothing we can do as we don't have access to PM internal system/server.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Here is one message about the problem..

Code has 6 characters during registration
Hi, when I try to create a self-service account, the code sent by text message has only 5 characters instead of 6. I have already tried several times. What to do?

Thanks @Anonymous for your explanation of the different codes. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lieux wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

No I mean the first SMS when you activate the account.

So after signing up in-store then going home to set up the self-serve...that code?

Yes during the activation of a new self-serve account.

I just see now your message @Anonymous ....???

You've been here a while now...activation is a key word in this business. I know it can be used generically but here in this context, it's specific.

Iirc when setting up the self-serve account after activating in-store, the code was 6 digits. Maybe that has changed...thus your question. During self-activating you choose a 4 digit PIN which gets texted to you. (don't know about in-store...I've never done in-store for this place)

The referral code is 6 characters.

So your 5 digit code is a mystery.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

So after signing up in-store then going home to set up the self-serve...that code?

Yes during the activation of a new self-serve account.

I just see now your message @Anonymous ....???

Thanks @YVR for your try to help.

I am mixed up now.. 4 or 5 or 6 numbers to activate new account?

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@YVR wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

I have seen a 4 digit pin that was texted when the account was opened

It must be for new activations and not port ins. Can not help with this one

YVR

@Lieux wrote:

I have seen a 4 digit pin that was texted when the account was opened

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lieux wrote:

YVR

@Lieux wrote:

Hello community.

Do you have messages about problem with received activation code with only 5 numbers and not 6?

There are some on the french forum...

Any idea??

Thanks.

What do you mean by activation code?  Do you mean referral code that is used at activation?

Need Help? Let's chat.