cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation and Billing Issues

chrstyles
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I encountered some problems when setting up my first Public Mobile account earlier today via the online activation page, which was previously offline for a little while today (July 3, 2016).

I registered my sim card for the $45 a month plan built with unlimited province-wide calling, texting and 1GB of data. The total was $50.85. However, when I went to enter the Visa Debit number at the checkout page, I was told that the card was declined and advsied to restart again. I attempted again and was unable to because the SIM card number I entered was invalid, i.e. it had already been registered. I inserted the SIM card into my phone to find that the network had connected properly but the account had no funds in it and I was unable to receive or send text messages or make calls. I checked my bank records to find that I had been charged three times separately for transactions totaling $50.85 each for this service for a total collective amount of $152.55. I am currently still unable to do anything with the service and I only intended to top up once, enough to satisfy the 30-day service charges of $45. 

Lastly, I attempted to set up a self serve account but I am unable to because it says I have already done so (and the password I set up is not being accepted). I did not receive any emails stating that the payment was successful, in fact I was told that it was declined by my card issuer although I was charged three separate times. I was looking forward to becoming a Public Mobile customer and I really do hope this can be resolved because I am responsible for this payment and the lost money as a result. Ideally I am hoping I can have the transaction reversed and the appropriate changes made to the account for the one charge of $50.85 that I initially intended to pay for. I have messaged someone from Public Mobile and hopefully this can be resolved, is there anyone who can offer insight into this issue at all? It may be because of system maintenance that was taking place. Phone # (the one I selected as a temporary solution before I port over) is 6**-***-****

In a nutshell, I went through the activation process, waited a long time for the activation to go through, received a credit card declined message, refreshed the page, was charged 3 times. Phone number was active and registered on the PM network but no credits on the account and no plan. Cannot make calls or access self serve at all. No billing confirmation sent to email at all.

8 REPLIES 8

melat3mg

I sent a message to the support mods a few hours ago. Still havent heard back...not sure what the average wait time is...

@melat3mg wrote:

Just activated my SIM and had the EXACT same thing happen to me...frustrating to say the least.

@melat3mg

You have posted in a very old thread. For future reference you'll have a better chance of getting help if you are starting your own topic.

Only moderators (= Public Mobile employees) can help with account related issues. They work on a first come first serve basis and will get back to you as soon as possible.

If everything else fails you could ask the moderator team for insights.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, PIN, SIM number, phone number, problem description.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

melat3mg

Just activated my SIM and had the EXACT same thing happen to me...frustrating to say the least.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Dmytro

I was able to find the account and did not need the SIM card number 🙂

I did activate your SIM card, can you test it out in your phone?

I will send you a private message, please consult it once you get a chance it will explain why the activation did not go through. 

Also, please do not forget to create a self-serve account here

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Dmytro

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

I'm very sorry to hear about this 😞

Can you please private message me with your PM SIM card number?

Thanks,

Shazia

Not sure how to send me or see private messages? Click here

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Dmytro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello @Shazia_K

Hope you're doing good.

Would you be so kind to look at my activation issue too?

Just passed through SIM card activation, ported my actual phone number and paid 120$ via purchaced vouchers. At the end I got error message and my account doesn't seem to be created neither.

Thank you!

Best,

Dmytro

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @chrstyles

I'm very sorry to hear about this, 

I will be taking a look into this and I will send you a private message shortly. 

Thanks,

Shazia

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @chrstyles;

Welcome to Public Mobile, albeit somewhat of a bumpy start 😞

One of the moderators should be able to help clear this up for you when they come online, @Kalla_A@Mary_M or @Shazia_K can you help?

Also, since this is a public form, you are discouraged from posting account details, like your phone number, please edit your post and remove that. (The moderators will get any details they need from you through private messages.)

Good luck, trust this can be straightened out shortly.

Need Help? Let's chat.