cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Troubles...

halcyonguitars
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Salutations,

i just bought a SIM card, however, when I try to activate it and start the account and service, it's claiming that it's an invalid SIM card number. I am positive I've put in the right number.

13 REPLIES 13

@halcyonguitars  If you've been referred to a moderator  then their help is required to complete your port. If it's the aforementioned koodo or pc mobility prepaid only a moderator can change the number for you. This is because the number us not actually getting ported but moved from one account to another within the prepaid system all shared by koodo, pc mobility and public mobile. (All owned by telus and all sharing the same back end system.)

halcyonguitars

Thank you, I have done so!

@halcyonguitars set up your self service account if you haven't done that yet. It gives you a safety net in case something goes wrong with the port.

@halcyonguitars wrote:

Thanks!

i tried that but was referred to a moderator...

We'll see!

halcyonguitars

Thanks!

i tried that but was referred to a moderator...

We'll see!

@halcyonguitars  Now that you have your service all up and working you can port your number over by using the change number feature in your self serve account. As long as it's not koodo or pc mobility prepaid  you just need to enter the name on the account, account number and the phone number to be ported.

halcyonguitars

That's exactly what happened, thanks!

I've got a temporary number and the connection works.

@halcyonguitars wrote:

They tried to activate it in the store, but the system would not accept my visa debit so I bought a voucher...

They said they couldn't activate it until I got the number unlocked from telus to port over to Public. Phone is unlocked now, but when I try to activate the sim it says it's an invalid number...

@halcyonguitars 

Maybe try the PM Sim card in the phone to see whether it is already activated by the store.  

The vendor was wrong.  You could activate a temporary new number without unlock code from Telus.  

@halcyonguitars , are you sure that they did not activate it in the store with a temporary cell phone number? 

@halcyonguitars wrote:

Tried on two different computers. SIM came from a little hole in the wall kiosk...

halcyonguitars

They tried to activate it in the store, but the system would not accept my visa debit so I bought a voucher...

They said they couldn't activate it until I got the number unlocked from telus to port over to Public. Phone is unlocked now, but when I try to activate the sim it says it's an invalid number...

halcyonguitars

Tried on two different computers. SIM came from a little hole in the wall kiosk...

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@halcyonguitars  you can download the TextNow app and use it over WiFi to make/ receive/ send  calls and texts for free to the US and Canada wide. Welcome to PM. 

@halcyonguitars wrote:

Salutations,

i just bought a SIM card, however, when I try to activate it and start the account and service, it's claiming that it's an invalid SIM card number. I am positive I've put in the right number.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Did you get to the part to enter credit card details?

If so, check if your card was charged. If it was put sim in and see if anything works. Also try logging into self serve Account if you can't try to create one manually at link below. Only if you were charged on credit card

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If it was not charged. System locks sim card for 50 minutes. Wait one hour clear history and cookie cache and try fresh browser in incognito mode.

Take note. System is having network issues at moment (internet data) not sure if it affects new sign ups activating a sim card....

Don't forget a referral code for a$10 sign up bonus.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@halcyonguitars 

Website can be finicky.  Maybe try a different web browser, clearing cache or incognito mode.  Chrome incognito seems to work well with this site.  

BTW, where did you purchase the SIM card?  Occasionally, SIM cards are not working when sold.  

Need Help? Let's chat.