cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Timed Out

ajhughes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was activating a new SIM card this afternoon, and Igot all the way the tha payment page, and when we I tried to complete the process, it timed out.

I tried to start over and it's not letting me use the SIM card number again. Saying it's invalid. 

I tried to sign in, but it doesn’t recognize my username or password.

I can see that it authorised my credit card.

How do I complete the activation process?

3 REPLIES 3

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ajhughes , if your credit card has not been charged, simply wait an hour for the session lock to expire and then retry the activation.  If the credit card has been charged and your account is not accessible, I suggest contacting the moderator team to follow up on completing the activation.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.  Good luck and welcome to Public Mobile.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@ajhughes since you paid, insert your SIM into your phone and try to log into your self service account.  If there is no self service account create one if you have service on your phone. If you ported your number, you should be able to call/ send texts from your PM SIM. To receive calls and texts insert your old providers SIM. Once it stops your port is complete. (Note ports may take up to 3 hours to complete.) Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ajhughes wrote:

I was activating a new SIM card this afternoon, and Igot all the way the tha payment page, and when we I tried to complete the process, it timed out.

I tried to start over and it's not letting me use the SIM card number again. Saying it's invalid. 

@ajhughes  That is because the previous session lock needs to clear out of the system before you can try the activation again. You need to wait ~ 1 hour for t to clear.

I tried to sign in, but it doesn’t recognize my username or password.

You won't be able to sign-in until your have completed the activation.

I can see that it authorised my credit card.

If your credit card was charged then try inserting the card into your phone. Does it connect to the Public Mobile network? If yes, dial *611 to see if your account is active. If yes, click here to register your selfserve account

How do I complete the activation process?

Just try the activation again in an hour. If your account was charged but your account is not active then submit a ticket to PM for help in provisioning your account. To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.