cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation - Still waiting 3 days later

NorthernOwen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I registered my SIM and plan on April 4th, after verifiying my phone would work (CAT S40) on Public Mobile. I am still waiting to be able to use it..

I have even tried the SIM in another phone just to make certain.

Phone still shows no service, I have powered it down several times over the last couple of days. Very frustrated. 

5 REPLIES 5

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@NorthernOwen wrote:

Hello,

I registered my SIM and plan on April 4th, after verifiying my phone would work (CAT S40) on Public Mobile. I am still waiting to be able to use it..

Phone still shows no service, I have powered it down several times over the last couple of days. Very frustrated. 

It sounds like you're trying to port a number.

Since you've tried it in more than one phone, it's most likely your number is still being ported.

Contact a mod through a private message (be sure to include your old account information) and have them work on it for you.

@NorthernOwen wrote:

Hello,

The service should have started immediately working after activation.

To my knowledge, Cat devices have always been sold as unlocked.  Do you have the North American varaint of this the S40?   Where did you buy it from?

There are 2 versions of the Cat S40 according to the manufactuer's website, one far more ideal than the other.

https://www.catphones.com/en-us/help-support/s40-support/

smarsh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the same issue the problem was with porting my number, you have to contact the moderator.

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@NorthernOwen wrote:

Hello,

Have you sent a private message to the moderator? They will be able to look into your file and see if there's any issue.  Additionally, are you porting a number or using a new number. If you're porting a number, PM might be requiring more information to port the number which is causing the delay.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@NorthernOwen wrote:

Hello,

Just to be sure did you check with willmyphonework? And is your phone unlocked from your old company? The problem is not your sim (if you tried it in the other phone and it WORKED)so it's your phone now...

Need Help? Let's chat.