cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Issues

stephlav1550
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Im trying to activate my new sim card, once i get too the final page it said activation failed please log out and log back in. When i attempted it a second time i got the same message. Ive already been charged but i cant log into or create a self serve it says login attempt failed or invalid phone number even tho its the number thats in my phone. I have also tried to reset my password and it says cannot verify email address. Im feeling out of options can anyone help?

14 REPLIES 14

@stephlav1550 wrote:

No I haven't ported the number I was choosing a new one. I'll just wait to hear back from the moderators. Thanks!

@stephlav1550  Sounds good. Hopefully it doesn't take much longer.

stephlav1550

I did try it yes. Nothing has changed

@stephlav1550 wrote:

No I haven't ported the number I was choosing a new one. I'll just wait to hear back from the moderators. Thanks!

Did you try @geopublic suggest: remove SIM card from your phone and turn off, wait minutes later and put SIM card back and turn on? And see if resolve the problem.

stephlav1550

stephlav1550

I've tried. When I try to login it says login attempt failed but if I try to register it says invalid phone number even tho it's the number in the settings of my phone

@stephlav1550 wrote:

It says I have service when I put it into my phone but if I try to text or make a phone call it says this is not currently included in your plan. Please visit self serve to update...and I can't get into self serve. I have contacted the moderators. Thanks

@stephlav1550 Click here to register your selfserve account. Once you set it up then login and select your plan. You're almost there!!

Edit: Did you port your number from another provider? Try powering down your phone remove sim fro 15 minutes and try again. If it doesn't work then you need to wait for a moderator.

If you are porting use you old sim card to see if you received the text at your previous provider.

stephlav1550

It says I have service when I put it into my phone but if I try to text or make a phone call it says this is not currently included in your plan. Please visit self serve to update...and I can't get into self serve. I have contacted the moderators. Thanks

@stephlav1550 wrote:

Ok thanks. I just messaged them. Do you know how long it usually takes for them to get back to you?

Well, it hard to say how long will be. For me only one day later, just be patient. If after 3 or 4 days later, you still don't receive the respond then you need contact them again. Keep a close eye on top right envelop icon.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@stephlav1550 wrote:

Im trying to activate my new sim card, once i get too the final page it said activation failed please log out and log back in. When i attempted it a second time i got the same message. Ive already been charged but i cant log into or create a self serve it says login attempt failed or invalid phone number even tho its the number thats in my phone. I have also tried to reset my password and it says cannot verify email address. Im feeling out of options can anyone help?

@stephlav1550  If you already have been charged check to see if you card is activated by inserting into your phone. Does it work? If yes, click here to register your selfserve account.

If it still doesn't work then you need to contact PM. Include the sim# and your email in the message. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

stephlav1550

Ok thanks. I just messaged them. Do you know how long it usually takes for them to get back to you?

@stephlav1550 wrote:

I have tried both of those. I initially tried activating last night and tried this morning again and its still not working.

Then you need to contact moderator team for help:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

stephlav1550

I have tried both of those. I initially tried activating last night and tried this morning again and its still not working.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@stephlav1550 wrote:

First clear cookies and caches and then one hour later using Chrome incognito mode to log in again.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try using a different browser and incognitio mode.  Also clear your cache.  Sometimes if youw wait and try logging in during off peak hours it is easier to access the portal.

Need Help? Let's chat.