Did you mean: 

Activation Issue

apresco0
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Currently unable to activate... who can I call? *611 not working either

44 REPLIES 44

apresco0

Who promised to call you within 2 hours? Who were you speaking with? - Was promised a call from the tech team by Khaled, who looked at my account and discovered an issue, which he escalated with the creation of a ticket.

If the promised to call you in 24 hours, wouldn't that be impossible if your phone is not working? - I provided them with an alternate land line number

When you log into your self-serve account, does it show your status as active, what does it show, what plan did you sign up to? - Shows Active, money on the account, and payment applied successfully for the $30 1GB at 3G Speed w/ Unlimited mins/texts

Did you cancel your freedom plan, or did the plan cancel itself when you ported out? - Number only was released from the Freedom plan, I am awaiting confirmation of activation here before I cancel that account. I have a 12 day window to complete this, so the clock is ticking.

If the acount closed automatically after porting, clearly the porting process has fully completed. - Precisely what I presume, however I can't get an answer from anyone.

Is your phone freedom phone unlocked? What kind of phone is it? - Unlocked Telus Samsung S7, which was working perfectly after being ported to Freedom.

Unasked question: "So now what's your next steps?" - Talk to a Koodo rep and work with their tech support to determine the eligibility of my phone number to port, and then just swallow the extra expense to get my phone active, which I should have just done in the first place."

2nd Unasked Question: "Then what?" - Start hounding Public until I get every penny back.

MJ23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Your situation is certainly unique. I’ve ported over from another carrier and have helped a few others do the same. It seems like your experiencing many tech issues. My experience with the Mods have been very good. Once you’ve successfully ported over, I’m confident you will be happy with PM.

cheers,

mj23

apresco0

The Freedom account was active and working prior to the port attempt... and now that account no longer has the phone number associated with it, indicating that the port out of their system was successful. Now it's up to someone on Public's end, but I can't even get a straight answer about who's actively working on it.

If your Freedom account was not active then you cannot port your number. You will need to go here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/... and contact a PM moderator, they usually take 1-2 days to respond.

@apresco0 wrote:

Did you give them a 2ndary contact number? - Yup, and they promised a call within two hours. It's now over 24.

Is it a stuck port? - No idea, they're not telling me

Can you call out? - Nope, not even to 611

Where did you port from or is it a new activation? - Freedom Mobile

Can you just stick in your old sim card and keep using that service till it works? - Tried, no luck.

If the port failed to transfer, then its might be stuck at your original provider. - Number is no longer with old provider, number has been removed from old account.

Did they give you a reason like the account number was wrong? - Nope

If you try to port to koodo (which is the same network) half way you might run into even more problems since you are already in the middle of a port. - Of this I'm aware... however at least I'll be able to get a tech or engineer on the line to assist.

Unfortunately, they're dealing with someone who's had a fair bit of experience in the cellular industry, so I know what questions to ask and what to try doing to resolve my issues... and I've covered every base with zero success. I know the issue is on the backend, I just need an update on where thing stand if they're still troubleshooting the issue.

@apresco0Who promised to call you within 2 hours? Who were you speaking with? If the promised to call you in 24 hours, wouldn't that be impossible if your phone is not working?

When you log into your self-serve account, does it show your status as active, what does it show, what plan did you sign up to? Did you cancel your freedom plan, or did the plan cancel itself when you ported out? If the acount closed automatically after porting, clearly the porting process has fully completed.

Is your phone freedom phone unlocked? What kind of phone is it?

apresco0

Did you give them a 2ndary contact number? - Yup, and they promised a call within two hours. It's now over 24.

Is it a stuck port? - No idea, they're not telling me

Can you call out? - Nope, not even to 611

Where did you port from or is it a new activation? - Freedom Mobile

Can you just stick in your old sim card and keep using that service till it works? - Tried, no luck.

If the port failed to transfer, then its might be stuck at your original provider. - Number is no longer with old provider, number has been removed from old account.

Did they give you a reason like the account number was wrong? - Nope

If you try to port to koodo (which is the same network) half way you might run into even more problems since you are already in the middle of a port. - Of this I'm aware... however at least I'll be able to get a tech or engineer on the line to assist.

Unfortunately, they're dealing with someone who's had a fair bit of experience in the cellular industry, so I know what questions to ask and what to try doing to resolve my issues... and I've covered every base with zero success. I know the issue is on the backend, I just need an update on where thing stand if they're still troubleshooting the issue.

@apresco0 wrote:

Activated with Public after getting laid off and started job hunting.

I've been waiting for two days and still do not have a working phone. I've been getting the runaround from unresponsive moderators, being told that someone would call me within two hours (Khaled), and that was over 24 hours ago with no call.
Then was asked by another tech today (Lamie) for my ticket number so they could look into it, and then recieved ZERO response from them whatsoever.

On top of that, they've double charged my credit card, for a service I'm not even recieving. Absolute Micky Mouse operation if you ask me. I will let you all know if I get a resolution, but I've given them until 2PM EST tomorrow to get this resolved, or I am porting over to Koodo (where I can get basic support) and demanding a full refund for everything I've spent on this non-functional service.

In addtion, if still unresolved by that time I will be filing a complaint with the CC.

@apresco0That sounds like quite an ordeal. Sorry for all your hardships. I have looked through every other one of your posts and there isin't much info besides you posting complaints in other customers topics regarding your moderator response time. So not quite sure whats going on, I don't get how you are expecting to get said call, if your phone is not working. I am assuming both those people are from telus? Did you give them a 2ndary contact number? Who said they are going to call you back? PM doesn't have someone to call. Telus would tell you to contact PM through private message with more details then they would resubmit after getting more and not through a phone call.

While you wait for a response can you give us more details? Is it a stuck port? Can you call out? Where did you port from or is it a new activation? Can you just stick in your old sim card and keep using that service till it works? If the port failed to transfer, then its might be stuck at your original provider. Did they give you a reason like the account number was wrong? If you try to port to koodo (which is the same network) half way you might run into even more problems since you are already in the middle of a port.

Your experience is not very common, most of us are very happy with zero issues, and almost every single person who has had an issue, had that issue taken care of fairly quickly.

Did you port your number to PM from another provider? If your did then your port may be stuck and you would need a moderator to fix it, all contact with PM moderators is done online, they will never call you. You can contact them here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/..., they will take 1-2 days to respond.

For now, try restarting your phone, try the PM SIM in a different phone to see if it works, and if you ported your number try your old SIM card to see if it's still working. You can also try going into your account, reporting your phone as lost/stolen, log out, wait 10 minutes, log back in an report it found, then restart your phone.

apresco0

Activated with Public after getting laid off and started job hunting.

I've been waiting for two days and still do not have a working phone. I've been getting the runaround from unresponsive moderators, being told that someone would call me within two hours (Khaled), and that was over 24 hours ago with no call.
Then was asked by another tech today (Lamie) for my ticket number so they could look into it, and then recieved ZERO response from them whatsoever.

On top of that, they've double charged my credit card, for a service I'm not even recieving. Absolute Micky Mouse operation if you ask me. I will let you all know if I get a resolution, but I've given them until 2PM EST tomorrow to get this resolved, or I am porting over to Koodo (where I can get basic support) and demanding a full refund for everything I've spent on this non-functional service.

In addtion, if still unresolved by that time I will be filing a complaint with the CCTS.

apresco0

Unfortunately, I've been trying to get support from the Moderators for 2 days now to get my port completed, and now I'm sitting here with a dead phone, which makes looking for work that much harder. (way to kick a guy while he's down Public)
I have never dealt with a more unresponsive bunch, so good luck getting your issues resolved.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Try later @apresco0..perhaps tomorrow...during the evening the site is pretty busy and slow...

Be patient @62528sbn they will help you...after sleeping their night....Smiley Wink

They will work tomorrow again....You can wait few hours up to 2 days!!! 

62528sbn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i am having trouble as well. Supposed to be 2 hours to transfer a telephone number and so far it has been 5 1/2.  I tried sending a private message, but no one is answering me. 

@apresco0 wrote:

Currently unable to activate... who can I call? *611 not working either

@apresco0, I moved your message to an appropriate message category. This will help more people see your message and make it a little easier for more people to try to answer any quetsions that you have. 

Public Mobile does not accept phone calls from new customers.  Only a small amount of existing customers currently on really old prices plans can call in.

If the website isn't working, you can try later or try a different web browser.

If for some reason, the activation system isn't accepting your sim card number or if the payment system somehow ends up double charging you, you'll have to contact customer service through https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.