cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Issue

lucasmliu2006
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just activated a new plan 6 days ago and was porting my landline from Rogers. I still don't have things ironed out. Got a text from PM saying they are experiencing difficulties processing the request, and that I should complete the SIM activation form online. I have done this, and things still aren't working properly. Now, I get a message saying "Invalid SIM" when I fill out the online form again.

I can call out, and my number displays on the other phone properly, but when someone calls me, they get a message that the number is not assigned. My phone never rings when this happens either.  Any ideas???

12 REPLIES 12

@Hoq123Please remove your personal information and start your new thread.

Can you tell us.. what happens if you put your SIM card into another known working phone? What you if you reset and restart your phone?

Hoq123

I also tried to activate my sim . I started at Toronto time night 10 PM. Still I could not success. I checked Public mobile charged my credit card. Still phone is not working. my PH number PHONE NUMBER REMOVED FOR PRIVACY REASONS.

edited by stonechucker to remove personal information which is prohibited in the publicly available forums.

srmdsenthil

when i tried to activate my sim the process failed in last step. I tried to activate the same sim again, it said invalid. I just used the number I selected and registered in public mobile and it worked. Try to register in self serve portal with your mobile no. not sure if it would for your case

@lucasmliu2006 wrote:

Yes, I guess. I was advised by the guy at the Walmart kiosk that it would be safe to go ahead and cancel the Rogers landline, so I did.

@lucasmliu2006  Not sure why he would advise you to do that since the account automatically gets cancelled once the port completed. This is true in all ports (landline, VOIP and mobile).

So, yeah, I'd probably have to pay to activate with Rogers, then maybe again to reactivate at PM (since activation at Rogers would port the number back to them). Probably better to go with a new number...

@lucasmliu2006  You can select a new number via selfserve 

Thanks for all the info everyone!

@lucasmliu2006The Walmart guy probably confused Rogers landline with wireless... wireless ports in a few hours.. but landline takes a few days.

lucasmliu2006

Yes, I guess. I was advised by the guy at the Walmart kiosk that it would be safe to go ahead and cancel the Rogers landline, so I did. So, yeah, I'd probably have to pay to activate with Rogers, then maybe again to reactivate at PM (since activation at Rogers would port the number back to them). Probably better to go with a new number...

Thanks for all the info everyone!

@lucasmliu2006 

That is a hassle.  You need an active original line for a port to be successful.  Did you cancel your Roger's line before you ported to PM?  

As part of the porting process, Public mobile can use your original number attached to new Public mobile line for calling out only.  But, that does not mean port was completed.  

You will need to activate the Roger's line again if you want to keep the same number.  Looks like that it will cost you some money though to activate again.  

Other option is to just get a new Public mobile number.  You will lose the Roger's number

lucasmliu2006

Sorry. Yes, the moderator was working on it, but it seems to be an issue with Rogers. They have deactivated the number, so it cannot be ported over anymore. Strange, given that I can call out and the number shows in the call display. Rogers is saying that I will have to enroll into one of thier landlines again and pay to have a tech install the VOIP modem to reactivate the number...in the end, just to port it over (maybe).

@lucasmliu2006 wrote:

Didn't work... 😞

What didn't work?  Please follow the instructions that I have provided.  That is the only way to fix this issue.  You need to have the moderators resubmit the number porting request.

Alireja
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@lucasmliu2006   Seems porting process hasen't been completed yet as you can make calls, but you cannot recieve calls. I this case you better contact moderators providing all details.

lucasmliu2006

Didn't work... 😞

@lucasmliu2006 wrote:

Hi, I just activated a new plan 6 days ago and was porting my landline from Rogers. I still don't have things ironed out. Got a text from PM saying they are experiencing difficulties processing the request, and that I should complete the SIM activation form online. I have done this, and things still aren't working properly. Now, I get a message saying "Invalid SIM" when I fill out the online form again.

I can call out, and my number displays on the other phone properly, but when someone calls me, they get a message that the number is not assigned. My phone never rings when this happens either.  Any ideas???

There is no such contact us/activation form.  You cannot activate a service after it has already been done.

The text message sent by Public Mobile contains incorrect information about how to fix things. Receiving that text message does mean that the number portability request failed.

You'll want to double-check all of your Rogers accont informaiton and then provide it to Public Mobile through this link:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.