Did you mean: 

Activation Issue

apresco0
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Currently unable to activate... who can I call? *611 not working either

44 REPLIES 44

apresco0

I was referring to the claims of the queue of private messages to the moderators and whether or not sending more drops you to the back of the line.

Actually yeah, we're still on the same page just different paragraphs. While you were pointing out the return of a specific issue you've noted in the past, my comments were more directed at the overaching root causes where those kind of issues can recurr, and what steps can be taken to prevent that from happening again. Smiley Very Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@apresco0 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:
What this do is that it puts you back at the end of the line and you lose your priority spot every time you send one message.

Oh dear. Here we are with the mixed messages again. Has this changed back again?

Edit: I edited the quote a little for my emphasis. This really needs to be settled and finalized and the rule distributed to all agents. One person says one thing. Another says another. The first person corrects the other. Another says the latter.

@Alan_K, @Mary_M@Lamie_M, @CS_Agent

ABSOLUTELY z10user4!!! I've worked for over 15 years in the IT support industry, and I've never, repeat NEVER, seen such a mishmash of contradictory information going back and forth between members of a support team. It's critially important that they have some kind of internal collaberation tool to prevent monumental screwups like this, which clearly they do not have.

Again PM... happy to help you fix your own internal crap, and reduce your CHURN.

@apresco0: I was referring to the claims of the queue of private messages to the moderators and whether or not sending more drops you to the back of the line. This has gone back and forth a couple few times just in my short time here since last May.

We get a moderator message that says it does not drop you down. Then another moderator says it does. Then it doesn't...etc.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Also..its too cold for service dew....😄...that happens in the spring...

@Anonymous wrote:
@CS_Agent wrote:
What this do is that it puts you back at the end of the line and you lose your priority spot every time you send one message.

We have sent you multiple private message. Please check you private message that we just sent you again.

Best regards,

Lamie

Oh dear. Here we are with the mixed messages again. Has this changed back again?

Edit: I edited the quote a little for my emphasis. This really needs to be settled and finalized and the rule distributed to all agents. One person says one thing. Another says another. The first person corrects the other. Another says the latter.

@Anonymous  There is no hope

@Luddite wrote:

@apresco0 BTW: I have moved your issue to it's own topic in case the reolution is different from the solution already indicated. It will also help us track your "progress".

EDIT: Well, that didn't go so well. Robot Frustrated Only your original post moved so I've merged it back into this thread. Sorry for any confusion.

@Luddite, I went ahead and did some of this.

@apresco0, I've moved some of your comments, concerns, and updates about your service issues to your own thread so that people can better follow the status and conversation about this. 

@apresco0 On the overpayment, suggest you wait a day for a new reply. If none, first login to your self serve account; look at Available Funds and payment history. Normally overpayments get added to Available Funds and are used for future payments. Then, assuming that is unacceptable, it's best to send a new message to the moderators. You could also post a new topic for the Community to track your (lack of ?) progress https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/paying_for_your-service.

Welcome aboard. Robot Very Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

apresco0

Well, one of your techs LITERALLY saved you as the buzzer went... my phone was still not working, so I left my house, hopped in the car, and drove over to the mall to activate with Koodo, because I had given up on your unacceptable level of service. The phone activated, not even joking, RIGHT AS I walked into the Koodo store.

Please advise now on when you will be returning the overpayment that was made on Feb 8th, and then what you intend to do to keep me around. (Oh yeah, and all of my potental friends whom I'm currently telling to never go to PM...)

apresco0

@Anonymous wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

We have sent you multiple private message. Please check you private message that we just sent you again.

Best regards,

Lamie

ABSOLUTELY z10user4!!! I've worked for over 15 years in the IT support industry, and I've never, repeat NEVER, seen such a mishmash of contradictory information going back and forth between members of a support team. It's critially important that they have some kind of internal collaberation tool to prevent monumental screwups like this, which clearly they do not have.

Again PM... happy to help you fix your own internal crap, and reduce your CHURN.

@apresco0 BTW: I have moved your issue to it's own topic in case the reolution is different from the solution already indicated. It will also help us track your "progress".

EDIT: Well, that didn't go so well. Robot Frustrated Only your original post moved so I've merged it back into this thread. Sorry for any confusion.

@apresco0 Should you choose to stay, the members here would be pleased to retain your expertise. Robot Happy PM is, in fact, a great place to have service BUT does test the patience (sense of humour?) of a few customers. Do hope it's sorted shortly. 🙏

As far as being "hired" to write procedures/code for Public Mobile be prepared for this type of eventuality. 

william windmills.jpeg

apresco0

Unfortunately at this point, NOTHING would surprise me...
Again, I've offered them my professional services to streamline their client service expererience, move them to a more functional ticketing platform, and reduce their MTTR which right now is atrocious... which if done correctly will increase their overall client satisfaction with their activation process, and potentially reduce their levels of CHURN. (yes, I've been in the industry off and on for many years... so unfortunately for them, I know very well what I'm talking about, and can't have any wool pulled over these eyes)

@apresco0 Maybe they called your PM number! Robot LOL

apresco0

They do indeed have a ticketing system on their backend for technical escalations, likely a shared system with Koodo and/or Telus Mobility, as they had previously provided me with a ticket number.

My larger concern here is that they indicated on Friday that I would get a callback within 2 hours and never did, and then a tech apparently claimed that they attepted to call however there is no record of that call ever taking place. With my IP based phone system, EVERYTHING gets logged... and there was absolutely no such attempt made by a tech at the alternate number I provided them with.

@apresco0 There is no ticketing system.  To get moderator assistance, you send them a private message, and then wait for them to contact you.  You then used the verification process they provide to you.

There shouldn’t be a delay, but it has been mentioned very often, that sending multiple messages does create a backlog, that causes the moderators more effort to determine what your issue(s) is.

Its not a Mickey Mouse ticketing system, but I agree, it’s not a proper ticketing system.

apresco0

Will do. No idea how multiple threads got started, but this system is one mickey mouse setup that's for sure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS_Agent wrote:

Best regards,

Lamie

@apresco0: Um...yeah...keep watch for the red blobs in the upper right. Just like this response adds another red blob.

apresco0

I have responded to that message, thank you.
Can you advise what ticketing system you are using that would cause such an absolutly failure regarding ticket prioritization? In addition, several subsequent messages were sent as I was continually getting brushed off as each sucessive Mod I've been communicating with have not been following up.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @apresco0,

Important note : You have sent more than 10 messages at the time. What this do is that it puts you back at the end of the line and you lose your priority spot every time you send one message. Bombarding the moderators won't fast track the process but actually slow it down. We will kindly ask you to please bear with us. Thank you

Best regards,

Lamie

@apresco0, so far everything suggested in this thread, is sound suggestion.  You can attempt the lost, delay for 5 minutes, then found.  This very similar to a power reset on a computer, or cable internet modem.  It simply removes, and resets what should be working.

apresco0

The key reason that I don't want to do that is because if I don't see some significant progress from the Moderators on this within the next hour, I will be marching into the Koodo store across the street and getting real tech support from people who know what they're doing as I sign up with their services. At least I'll walk out of there with a working phone, and then all I'll have to deal with is the billing folks to get my money back.

Tick tock guys.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@apresco0 wrote:

Decided not to go that route without direction from Mods.

@Anonymous wrote:

@apresco0 wrote:

Sounds good. No success so far, but I think it's reasonable to wait for up to an hour for that resync to take place. I'll keep you posted.

Again Public Mobile, if you need some assistance with client support, ticketing triage and escalations, hit me up. I have a wealth of experience on this front including within the cellular industry, and it REALLY looks like you guys could use a hand with your MTTRs.

Well...now you could try the lost/stolen and see what happens.

It doesn't hurt anything but whatever you like.

apresco0

Decided not to go that route without direction from Mods.

@Anonymous wrote:

@apresco0 wrote:

Sounds good. No success so far, but I think it's reasonable to wait for up to an hour for that resync to take place. I'll keep you posted.

Again Public Mobile, if you need some assistance with client support, ticketing triage and escalations, hit me up. I have a wealth of experience on this front including within the cellular industry, and it REALLY looks like you guys could use a hand with your MTTRs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@apresco0 wrote:

apresco0

Anonymous
Not applicable

@apresco0 wrote:

As I've been waiting for over 40 hours for something as simple as a verification of my SIM card number on file, I've gone to the extreme step of "Changing my SIM" to ensure that the number showing on my phone is the same one that's registered on their system. Fingers crossed... of course, it would have been appreciated if a tech had made this suggestion...

Please report your findings. It's a suggestion that I've made before and I would like to know if it works for you.

I'd really like to dare trying it with the known working SIM and "replacing" it as a test but I haven't tried that yet myself 🙂

apresco0

As I've been waiting for over 40 hours for something as simple as a verification of my SIM card number on file, I've gone to the extreme step of "Changing my SIM" to ensure that the number showing on my phone is the same one that's registered on their system. Fingers crossed... of course, it would have been appreciated if a tech had made this suggestion...

apresco0

I'd be more than happy to... if they can get it going and make it worth my while to stay, I'd be glad to guide them where I can.

Fun fact for you guys at Public... I'm currently looking for work, have a fair bit of experience in the cellular industry. In addtion, I have 15+ years in a Helpdesk support role, with 5 years experience as a Team Lead doing, you guessed it... Coordination of all inbound support calls and tickets, triage, escalation, and following up on client complaints in order to drive issues to resolution. Also fun fact, I successfully reduced my last employers MTTR (Mean Time To Resolution) from 16 hours to 4 hours during my tenure there, with a ticket volume of over 1800 tickets per month. And for the finally... one of my Helpdesk support gigs years ago was an internal Client Service support role for Telus Mobility.

So perhaps, you guys might be able to use a hand on that front on a short term contract? Give me a call... once you get my phone working, of course.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@apresco0

I totally agree with the limitations of the last 4 digits of the SIM for that exact reason. It would be nice to point people to look there and see that they (or store) fat-fingered it for such a critical piece of information.

When this gets going for you maybe you would be inclined to participate. Sounds like you could have a lot to offer.

apresco0

As a further follow up gang... I'm a former Gold rated Telus Mobility sales rep from a few years back, in addition to two Christmas stints at Future Show slinging a ton of Koodo activations, in addition to a combined 6 years as the cell admin for two organzations, working directly with the telcos or resellers for all cell related issues including activations. So I'm pretty familiar with the activation process, and I can say from experience that I've never seen anything of the like with this saga.

I have done every basic and advance troubleshooting step that can be performed by an end user without direction from a technician. Tried the SIM in other unlocked phones, tried swapping back to the ond SIM, removing and reinsterting the SIM, and powercycled almost hourly to give them a chance to resolve it on the back end... all for naught.

I need the following basic pieces of information... verification of the orginal SIM number entered when I activated, because who knows I may have fat fingered it... but the portal only shows the last 4 digits of the SIM.

I need to know who is investiating this, and what the status of the number port... is it in limbo and if so where it's stuck, or if the port has been successful and there's perhaps an issue with the SIM. If it's a SIM issue then easy peasy, I'll go grab another one from the vendor literally across the street from me... but I can't even get a response from a Mod advising to do a simple task like that.

I gave myself plenty of time for this migration, but it's gone completely sideways and no one has offered any assistance, other than creating a ticket and promising a call back which never took place. I'm pretty savvy, I'm sitting here ready to work with whomever is required to do whatever needs to be done to get this working, but without someone on the other end, I'm sitting here in the dark. The portal info provided tells me very little, so they're sitting there holding all the cards, and I'm hooped.

I require a working phone by the end of the day. Otherwise this is going to turn into a saga of just trying to get my money back for services not rendered.

MJ23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you have contact a Mod they will reply. Just be a little patient, but based on my experience they will respond....soon (not immediately, but shortly thereafter)

cheers,

mj23

Need Help? Let's chat.