cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Issue - Public Mobile SIM card not being read

ChrisxFernandez
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Samsung S8 - Previous Provider: Telus

So i activated my PM SIM card & popped it in (i noticed it said "No SIM card - Emereg calls only") & tried to setup my APN but there is no option for me to select it. so i popped in my old Telus SIM card and from there, i would get the option to access my APN. With the old Telus SIM Card inserted, i was able to input all the APN info and hit Save and selected the PM APN Network(with the telus sim..still no service). Turned off my phone and switched back to the PM SIM card and turned my phone back on.... as everything loaded, still said "NO SIM card" and still no service.

Side note: Called telus to get my phone unlocked and told me it was already unlocked.

This screen shot is with Public Mobile SIM Card inserted...with any other SIM card it will show "Mobile Network"  under "Data usage" which where i would access my APNThis screen shot is with Public Mobile SIM Card inserted...with any other SIM card it will show "Mobile Network" under "Data usage" which where i would access my APNeven under More theres no access for my APNeven under More theres no access for my APNno sim.jpg

15 REPLIES 15

@ChrisxFernandez wrote:

they looked into it and they said it was all fine. mods concluded it was a faulty sim card as it wasnt working in any unlocked phones i tried testing it on. lmao ill def go out and buy a lotto ticket

Hi @ChrisxFernandez you got a reply from the moderators in two hours?  Usually it takes up to 48 hrs to hear from the moderators.  Wow!  It's your lucky day!  Go and get a lottery ticket now!  ... and share us your winnings.  ok, you can at least let us know how much you won.  Cheers!  😊

@ChrisxFernandez 

Ooooooh....says it expires today. If your in bc or Alberta you would have about an hour and 15 minutes to get her done......

@ChrisxFernandez 

If you haven't activated an account Wal-Mart has a free sim and free 2nd month promotion that I think is still on.....

ChrisxFernandez

they looked into it and they said it was all fine. mods concluded it was a faulty sim card as it wasnt working in any unlocked phones i tried testing it on. lmao ill def go out and buy a lotto ticket

@ChrisxFernandez 

Let us know if the moderator is able to reprovision the sim or not. Duds are very uncommon maybe you should buy a lottery ticket at the same time!

@ChrisxFernandez 

Then it's one of two things.....it didn't provision or its a dud. The moderators will see if they can fix it if not and you can easily pick up another sim card just ask the moderators to credit your account for the cost of the sim.

ChrisxFernandez

yes with my dads rogers sim, and it works

@ChrisxFernandez 

Theres always the possibility the sim is a dud....did you try another working sim card in your phone?

IF other suggestions are not working for you @ChrisxFernandez ,

Maybe it is an issue with the provisioning of your account, only the moderators can review this.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1-Click the question mark on the bottom right hand side of your screen to talk to SIMon the chat bot or link: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

(if after clicking this you get an option to: Ignore OR Go to PublicMobile.ca – HIT THE “Ignore” option)

OR

2-Contact the Moderator_Team via private message using this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ChrisxFernandez

just double checked, & yes i have

@ChrisxFernandez 

The usual problem is the sim not being seated correctly, dirt on the sim card or the phone connections. You can test the sim card in another phone to confirm if the issue is with your phone or the sim card. It could also be loose so a small shim of paper or a little tape on the plastic side only to get a snug fit.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @ChrisxFernandez ,

Was this process completed without errors?

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

If so REBOOT your phone with your PM SIM card in it.

Trying going into airplane mode for a few minutes, than back to normal mode.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@ChrisxFernandez 

Can you try reseating the SIM card again in your phone.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ChrisxFernandez 

Did you received PM welcome email?

If no, your SIM card may not be activated.

Can you login to your account using the email address and password provided during activation?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ChrisxFernandez  Try using an eraser on the sim to clean the contacts and try it again. If it's still an issue then you best to submit a ticket and ask PM to reset your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.