cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Failure, Unresponsive MOD, Spent Too Much Money, Problem Still Unfixed.

angeliquem
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was hoping to tell everyone that asked me about Public Mobile how great it is, but I'm starting to lose reasons why.

First of all, I really do like Public Mobile. I successfully transferred 3/4 lines within seconds of filling in the activation form online. However, my last line led to this nightmare.

September 27, 2018

- received error code during activation, no porting appeared to have happened, credit card got charged, failed activation of the sim card
- private messaged MODs about the issue

September 28, 2018

- nothing has changed

- no response from MODs

September 29, 2018

- response from MODs telling me the account I created is deactivated and cannot be used and suggested I get a new SIM card and try activation again

- spent more money getting a new SIM card

- activated on a NEW phone number because I was afraid direct porting would fail again

- charged for activation again

- after successful activation, I went ahead to port number from TELUS

- it claimed that it successfully ported the number and my TELUS account got closed

- still on that NEW phone number and not my desired number from my old TELUS account

- private messaged MODs about this new issue

September 30, 2018

- nothing changed

- no response

October 1, 2018

- nothing changed

- no response

It's been about 4 days of this nightmare of activation and porting. Do I wish it upon others? Do I wish it upon my close friends? It's hard to recommend something that gives 4 days of headaches and frustration. If MODs are reading this, please do something.

@CS_Agent

4 REPLIES 4

angeliquem
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@stonechucker wrote:

@shiveringcoyote, you've (or someone on your behalf) has marked this thread as closed.

Did your 4th of 4 accounts get sorted out?

In terms of functionality, yes.

In terms of getting credit back, I'm still working and waiting on it but I am hopeful that it will be dealt with soon! Thanks for your words of wisdom 🙂

@angeliquem, you've (or someone on your behalf) has marked this thread as closed.

Did your 4th of 4 accounts get sorted out?

shiveringcoyote
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Here is our communicty and we are willing to help each other. If you could post more detailed information here like screen shot when you get error message for your online registration and then maybe we could give you more advices.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Sorry for your frustrations.  Telus doesn’t want to spend money to fix the problems, but loves to create great promotions to get folks to sign up.  A lot of people have no issues, you were 75% successful which is pretty good.

youve had decent response time from the mods in this situation.  Lots of folks are waiting more than 48 hours right now, seems like you got a response from first notice with in the 48 hours.

Need Help? Let's chat.